Hacking How to update 3.2U to 4.0 or 4.1U now that 4.2U is out???

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says, I have a soft modded (and chipped) USA Wii currently running System Menu 3.2U that I want to update to 4.0U or 4.1U to get some of the new features. I still want homebrew functionality and USB loading support.

Can someone please suggest a way to do this now that 4.2U is out and I can't simply do a legit update and then re-hack?

Also, My HBC is v1.0.3 and it wants to update to 1.0.6 but the hackmii installer says it can't install because stuff is modified (I assume a cIOS or MIOS change caused this).

I'm guessing I'd need to reload a system menu first to fix that part of it?

Anyhoo, my current Wii status is 3.2U, cIOS rev12 (I think) custom MIOS, USB Loader support with USB Loader X disc channel loading, HBC 1.0.3, BootMii (one or two versions behind) loaded as boot2 and preloader 0.28.

If someone could help get me on the newest homebrew-safe system menu possible (even if that is 4.2U, I just assume that's not a good idea) with needed cIOS/MIOS/etc I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Esmith, i don't want to be a dick.... but i want to PUNCH you sooo hard right now. THERE ARE GUIDES FOR THIS COMPLETELY 100% all over this forum man, PLEASE READ. I'll be in ur debt if you just SEARCH and READ...

Posts merged

I want to help you I really do, but your just being lazy.

Being a "user" of hacking software, you really need to be read to better understand everything, before you do anything yourself, opinions from random dudes will you get bricked faster than a fat girl runs when the pizza guy knocks on the door. The stickies are here for you my friend.

Wynd

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've been reading posts and stickies for 3 days looking for my answer to no avail... I know how to use the software hacks and I'm not worried about bricking my Wii. I DON'T know how to upgrade my Wii to a new system menu without using the built in nintendo updater tho (which will of course take me straight to 4.2U).

If you want me to search more, fine - can you at least tell me the name of the program I need or the accepted name of the process used to accomplish it so I know what magic words to search for????

PLEASE??

Eric

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

it's the first thread in the stickies dude
ohmy.gif

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
esmith13 said:
OK, I've been reading posts and stickies for 3 days looking for my answer to no avail... I know how to use the software hacks and I'm not worried about bricking my Wii. I DON'T know how to upgrade my Wii to a new system menu without using the built in nintendo updater tho (which will of course take me straight to 4.2U).

If you want me to search more, fine - can you at least tell me the name of the program I need or the accepted name of the process used to accomplish it so I know what magic words to search for????

PLEASE??

Eric

You made an error there
3 Days --> 3 minutes

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jazvdb said:
esmith13 said:

PLEASE??

Eric

You made an error there
3 Days --> 3 minutes
you also made an error
3 Days --> 3 minutes --> 3 seconds

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be COMPLETELY missing something!! I followed that same guide start to finish already, and when it was all said and done it was working, hacked AND STILL ON 3.2U!! I even ran the safe 4.2 updater and was STILL on 3.2U with corrupted files, so I used NUS Downloader to make a WAD of the 3.2U system menu only and installed it to repair the files.

Inspite of all the harshness mixed in with the rest - thank you all for giving some insight to my problem.

Eric

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update to 3.4U with the menu system updater

Update to 4.1 with wak's 4.1 updater (on the forum and all over the web)

Make you u install preloader, and bootmii whether to iso or boot2.

Bah you're at 4.1. sorry everyone here is happy to help, but we're pretty tired of the same questions, especially when some great gbatemp members have met excellent guides.

Example, I've been wanting to flash my xbox360, I read hundreds of guides, dev sites, etc and now I have Ixtreme 1.6 and it works perfect. All it takes it reading.

Wynd

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
The easiest way to update to 4.1 (for now) is to use Firmware Downgrader mod by Attila, which has 4.1. Get it right here.

Thanks alot, but again - to get to 4.0U or 4.1U I don't know exactly what WADs I need... But if I knew what WADs/IOSs I needed I could just use NUS Downloader and make the WADs myself...

Eric

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
esmith13 said:
Thanks alot, but again - to get to 4.0U or 4.1U I don't know exactly what WADs I need... But if I knew what WADs/IOSs I needed I could just use NUS Downloader and make the WADs myself...
The Firmware Downgrader mod also has an Internet connection, so you don't need WADs required for offline downgrade. Do you have Internet installed in your Wii (not on your computer)?

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
update to 3.4U with the menu system updater

Update to 4.1 with wak's 4.1 updater (on the forum and all over the web)

Make you u install preloader, and bootmii whether to iso or boot2.

Bah you're at 4.1. sorry everyone here is happy to help, but we're pretty tired of the same questions, especially when some great gbatemp members have met excellent guides.

Example, I've been wanting to flash my xbox360, I read hundreds of guides, dev sites, etc and now I have Ixtreme 1.6 and it works perfect. All it takes it reading.

Wynd

By Menu System Update do you mean the Wii's built-in updater?? I SEARCHED for "Menu System Updater" and only found reference to the built in tool. I assumed if I ran that it would go from 3.2U STRAIGHT to 4.2U??

Also, if it matters I have PreLoader 0.28 (didn't do the 0.29 update yet) and about a 4-month old version of BootMii/HackMii (HBC is 1.0.3, not sure what BootMii version is) loaded as Boot2.

Eric

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
antonkan said:
The easiest way to update to 4.1 (for now) is to use Firmware Downgrader mod by Attila, which has 4.1. Get it right here.
Nice little app let's you go up and down firmware and also tells you if your wii's boot2 is compatable with downgrade even has 4.2 system menu

Just went from 3.2E - 4.1E in about 10 mins

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
antonkan said:
Nice little app let's you go up and down firmware and also tells you if your wii's boot2 is compatable with downgrade even has 4.2 system menu

Did it require you to provide the necessary IOSs/WADs or did it acquire them itself during the process?

Eric

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
esmith13 said:
longtom1 said:
antonkan said:

Did it require you to provide the necessary IOSs/WADs or did it acquire them itself during the process?

Eric
it tells you which IOS's and wads you need or you can just let it download and install them for you

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
it tells you which IOS's and wads you need or you can just let it download and install them for you

SWEET!!! Sounds like it's the quickest solution to my question. Thanks to you and everyone else for not only screaming "search" at me. :-)

Eric

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night