How to untie A9HL/Luma from Gateway's Emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aglae Pheryl, May 19, 2017.

1. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Hi,

My kids consoles (N3DS & a couple of O3DS XL) are running A9HL/Luma (Sys 11.3.0-36E) and Gateway's Emunand (GW3D 11.3.0) when pressing down at boot.

Is it safe to let the Sys update (there are messages to do so when booting Luma) to the latest Nintendo update (and is the process to only replace arm9loaderhax.bin)?

If I do so, I believe it will brick the console.
    So is there a way to still be able to boot gateway (pressing down) and still boot into A9HL/Luma when not pressing anything at boot time ?

Side question: When booting Emunand, it removes all games from the created folder (re-arranges them all) in Sysnand. How can I prevent that from happening?

Notes: Yes, the kids want to keep Gateway's emunand (they share some SD cards amongst them).

Thanks,

Last edited by Aglae Pheryl, May 19, 2017
  2. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Format SysNAND to unlink NANDs. You can format EmuNAND to do the same, but you said you want to keep that one.

You can update SysNAND if you use EmuNAND with Gatewait. I believe Gatewait only works on 11.2 and lower.

Aglae Pheryl likes this.
  3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Don't update your sysNAND past 11.2 if you are using Gateway. If you accidentally launch Gateway on sysNAND on 11.3 or 11.4 then a9lh is removed.