XP
Country
United States
hi I'm trying to translate Life is strange: True colors
I followed step by step as you posted

but my cmd saying
(
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\LifeIsStrange3 cope\Siren\Content\Paks\UnrealPak.py", line 158, in <module>
Unpack(sys.argv[3], True if ("-crypto" in sys.argv) else False, sys.argv[2])
File "E:\LifeIsStrange3 cope\Siren\Content\Paks\UnrealPak.py", line 54, in Unpack
proc = subprocess.run(command_to_execute, capture_output=True)
File "C:\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 501, in run
with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as process:
File "C:\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 966, in __init__
self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
File "C:\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 1435, in _execute_child
hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args,
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2]
)

can anynoe tell me what is wrong with this?
I was trying to unpack

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
aHA 1st of all they said python u4pak.py is unfoundable , but it's exactly where it supposed to be

IllSkillz

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How to pack files using an encryption key ?
I have edited pack.cmd

v9\2\3\UnrealPak.exe ..\..\..\newpak.pak -Create=%1 -cryptokeys="..\..\..\crypto.json" -encrypt
pause

But it still using default keys

LogPakFile: Display: Using encryption key 'Default' [00000000000000000000000000000000]

Last edited by IllSkillz,

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately I am a noob so I downloaded this unreal engine during all the day long because of my connexion, then I followed the tuto and I break my head trying to make it works but nothing happened.

Finally I found my own solution and it's WAY EASIER.

Last edited by cobjak,
Reactions: BigOnYa

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Finally I found my own solution and it's WAY EASIER.
your own solution, when in tutorial you're writing it's a mixmods work...
Beside it was made with GTA in mind so testing it with only GTA games was an obvious choice.
GTA games are using Oodle compression V11 type of PAK.

You didn't prove that it's compatible with every PAK version. You didn't prove it won't break with V11.27 PAKs since V11 and V11.27 don't have any discernable elements in footer, so probly tool will crash or unpack nothing / close to nothing.
You didn't write what type of compression it's using when packing. If Oodle, then most games will crash when trying to read it.
Putting mods for Octopath Traveler using your tutorial will definitely end up in game's crash since it has very strict policy on PAK fikes.

You see why tutorial is so big? Because I'm taking all possible issues into account and you're providing untested magical solution that was made for GTA as tool for every UE4 game.

Checked your magical solution and it's just my method simplified to use UnrealPak unpack V11 and older PAKs and pack back to V11 zlib or uncompressed PAK. They must have compiled UnrealPak with Oodle SDK. So not only you're sharing licensed tool, but also with pirated paid SDK statically linked (it's available for free since UE 4.27).

So packed mods will work ONLY with UE 4.26 games. Very limited scope, isn't it?

How to pack files using an encryption key ?
I have edited pack.cmd

v9\2\3\UnrealPak.exe ..\..\..\newpak.pak -Create=%1 -cryptokeys="..\..\..\crypto.json" -encrypt
pause

But it still using default keys

LogPakFile: Display: Using encryption key 'Default' [00000000000000000000000000000000]
I'm not supporting here packing with encryption since it's not needed to encrypt PAK.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: BigOnYa

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
your own solution, when in tutorial you're writing it's a mixmods work...
Beside it was made with GTA in mind so testing it with only GTA games was an obvious choice.
GTA games are using Oodle compression V11 type of PAK. They must have compiled UnrealPak with Oodle SDK. So not only you're sharing licensed tool, but also with pirated paid SDK statically linked (it's available for free since UE 4.27).

You didn't prove that it's compatible with every PAK version. You didn't prove it won't break with V11.27 PAKs since V11 and V11.27 don't have any discernable elements in footer, so probly tool will crash or unpack nothing / close to nothing.
You didn't write what type of compression it's using when packing. If Oodle, then most games will crash when trying to read it.
Putting mods for Octopath Traveler using your tutorial will definitely end up in game's crash since it has very strict policy on PAK fikes.

You see why tutorial is so big? Because I'm taking all possible issues into account and you're providing untested magical solution that was made for GTA as tool for every UE4 game.

Checked your magical solution and it's just my method simplified to unpack V11 and older PAKs and pack back to V11 zlib or uncompressed PAK. So packed mods will work ONLY with UE 4.26 games. Very limited scope, isn't it?

I'm not supporting here packing with encryption since it's not needed to encrypt PAK.

Waw sorry man my aim wasn't to attack you or say that your tutorial is sh.t or something... Just that I followed it and doesn't worked for me so I found something easier that takes only few seconds to download and use

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Waw sorry man my aim wasn't to attack you or say that your tutorial is sh.t or something... Just that I followed it and doesn't worked for me so I found something easier that takes only few seconds to download and use
That's why I'm here. To help. Since I know it's confusing.
And I didn't attack you because you attacked my tutorial. I attacked you because you're promoting tool in the way it was not made for, so you will confuse many people on the way that will find your tutorial since it won't work for most of their cases

Well, GTA is in its own bubble since it's V11 and using Oodle. So my tutorial won't work for unpacking it. That's why your tool may help people trying to mod GTA. But it doesn't change the fact that its sharing is illegal.

Last edited by masagrator,

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's why I'm here. To help. Since I know it's confusing.
And I didn't attack you because you attacked my tutorial. I attacked you because you're promoting tool in the way it was not made for, so you will confuse many people on the way that will find your tutorial since it won't work for most of their cases

Well, GTA is in its own bubble since it's V11 and using Oodle. So my tutorial won't work for unpacking it. That's why your tool may help people trying to mod GTA. But it doesn't change the fact that its sharing is illegal.

I see. As I said I'm a noob so for me using mods means hacked console so automatically means illegal... I didn't know my shared files was more illegal than others. I deleted. Good luck and thank you for your tutos and all your mods

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello When I check version with your .cmd it and says "version3" is there any way I can unpack it?
Any UnrealPak from versions provided by tutorial can unpack it.
You can pack it up with u4pak.py (check original source).
v3 is not officially supporting Nintendo Switch, so I didn't mention it in tutorial.

HeroArts

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I dragged my .pak into the 1.check.cmd and I got:
"Not supported version value: 0"

Is there something I can do to remedy this?

ljy0704

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone tell me why this is happening to me.
Everything was fine with unpack but repack
even it's not cryption file but when I trying to repack it says

LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module 'PlatformCrypto' - 0 instances of that module name found.
LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module 'PlatformCryptoTypes' - 0 instances of that module name found.
LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module 'PlatformCryptoOpenSSL' - 0 instances of that module name found.

"
---------------------------
Plugin 'PlatformCrypto' failed to load because module 'PlatformCrypto' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.
ok
"

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
can someone tell me why this is happening to me.
Everything was fine with unpack but repack
even it's not cryption file but when I trying to repack it says

LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module 'PlatformCrypto' - 0 instances of that module name found.
LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module 'PlatformCryptoTypes' - 0 instances of that module name found.
LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module 'PlatformCryptoOpenSSL' - 0 instances of that module name found.

"
Plugin 'PlatformCrypto' failed to load because module 'PlatformCrypto' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.
ok
"
This says absolutely nothing. Providing full log would be more helpful than cherry picking.
Warnings are mentioned in tutorial btw.

ljy0704

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E:\UnrealPakSwitchv91>v9\2\3\UnrealPak.exe ..\..\..\newpak.pak -Create=E:\UnrealPakSwitchv91\lista.txt -compress
LogPakFile: Display: Using command line for crypto configuration
LogPakFile: Display: Loading response file E:\UnrealPakSwitchv91\lista.txt
LogPakFile: Display: Added 47112 entries to add to pak file.
LogPakFile: Display: Collecting files to add to pak file...
LogPakFile: Display: Collected 47112 files in 0.21s.
LogPakFile: Display: Creating pak ../../../newpak.pak.

my that was my copy one

Last edited by ljy0704,

ljy0704

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your lista.txt file is formatted incorrectly.
my bad that was differnt one

E:\UnrealPakSwitchv91>v9\2\3\UnrealPak.exe ..\..\..\newpak.pak -Create=E:\UnrealPakSwitchv91\lista.txt -compress

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
my bad that was differnt one

This looks like incomplete log. Beside it looks correct.

ljy0704

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess it happening cuz it's not switch game
but still UE4 game
sorry to bothering you
thanks to trying to help me out
going to do more serach for it to fix

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    And replace some of the weight with muscle mass
    Gift
  • Gift
  • NoobletCheese @ NoobletCheese:
    "you may want to lose some weight" is like the most offensive thing you could say
    Gift
    Never mind, for your age what you want is appropriate
    Gift
    fatty like cake
    Gift
    fatty mcbutterpants
    Gift
    Different ages ask for different strategies
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    And get penis enlargement surgery while you're at it psi :teach:
    Gift
    Make it touch the ground
    Gift
    In some weight measure apps, they show how different ages require different weights and body compositions
    Gift
    We want the optimal composition for our body if we're losing weight
    Gift
    As long as you can walk right that's really all you should give a shit about
    Gift
    Little under 200 pounds for a 6ft person with 18 years old is bad, but for a 40+ yo person it's healthy
    +1
    Gift
    yeah as long as you dont need a hoist
    GOsTJjm.jpeg
    Gift
    Everyone should be fat once in their life so they can respect the struggle it takes to loose it
    +1
    Gift
    People think it's so easy to maintain but have no idea what caused the person to get that way
    Gift
    Maintain is easy, especially for who was never fat
    Gift
    i could stand to lose about 7kg but right now ive got my eye on a block of dark almond chocolate
    Gift
    Maintaining nothing is easy if a person isn't in the right mindset for it
    Gift
    The thing about losing weight is that it's a constant moderation. You can't do too little, but you can't do too much either
    Gift
    And the metabolic rate means that eating the same amount of something makes more impact on a fat person than a regular weight person
    Gift
    Go buy me McDonald's
    Gift
    No, let's go to Ihop
    Gift
    So 5 HDMI cables shipped with UPS and just one shipped with usps
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah I'm 48 so for my age I feel insanely healthy lol
    Gift
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah I'm 48 so for my age I feel insanely healthy lol