ROM Hack How to unlock all pit stop/grand prix characters and skins in Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: Guide has been updated for game update v1.0.15

Explanation

It's quite BS how Activision decided to lock some characters and skins behind the internet, making you have to play online to unlock them. Well there's a way to unlock them through cfw via cheats. In fact, this is the only way for cfw users to unlock this content whatsoever. All it takes is applying a simple cheat code and you're good to go. Here's a break down of the steps using Atmosphere cfw:

Guide

1) On your SD card, browse to atmosphere/contents and make a folder called 0100F9F00C696000 (The game's titleID). In that folder, make a folder called cheats. In the cheats folder, create a text file named 1C68951840693051.txt (This is the game's bid and changes with every game update)

Should look like this:
atmosphere/contents/TITLEID/BID.txt (Replace titleID and bid with above text)
Note: contents folder is used in atmosphere v0.10.0 and upward

2) Copy the "unlock all pit stop items" cheat code (and any other cheats that you want) into the text file from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-1062#post-8988538
Note: All cheats activate by default in Atmosphere, so if there's any undesired cheats in your text file, you may want to remove them. Optionally you can disable cheats enabled by default in system_settings.ini.

3) Launch Crash Team Racing. Choose local race and get to the character select screen to see if all locked characters from pit stop shop/grand prix are unlocked. Such as Tawna or Spyro for example.

That's it, you now have access to these characters and skins. Keep in mind that whenever the game gets updated, the cheats need to be updated with a new code and a new bid for the text file. You can check for the game's bid by getting the latest Edizon release, or the system status overlay via tesla menu while the game is launched. Also keep in mind that the content doesn't stay unlocked forever, the cheat must be activated in order to have access to the content.

It's a good idea to stalk that sxos cheat code thread's last few pages every time a new game update is out. DaBlackDeath tends to update his cheat code whenever this game gets updated. If I don't update this guide, I suggest using the search bar in that thread and searching "crash team racing" by user "DaBlackDeath" and "this thread only" then look for the latest update.

Note: Atmosphere cheats work the same on SXOS, just swap the atmosphere folder name with sxos. You can get the bid in sxos by launching the game, launching the album and go to cheats.

Last edited by MattKimura,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I happen to run into a FPS slowdown when applying the cheat. It's very slight but noticable. Anyone else running into this?
I don't see how this cheat code can cause slowdown, it simply changes some bytes in the game's code to unlock characters and skins. It does nothing else in the game. There's absolutely no way it could influence the FPS performance.

CameronCataclysm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh my thoughts exactly. I will make a video and show, also I immediately stopped using it after noticing. I picked the big robot and the game was for sure slowed down a couple FPS. Idk. Will report back.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to save the unlock of pit stop characters so the cheat doesn't need to be enabled constantly?
Someone would have to make a save editor but as far as I know, one doesn't exist. So all we can do right now is temporarily enable the characters/skins through cheats. It's a pain having to update them every time, but worth the trouble. It's a lot of nice content locked behind DRM.

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
has the bid changed recently? I haven't been able to make the cheats work (or appear at all).

It's working for me. Did you make sure that the cheat-file is called "20E862BD6C39D8AE.txt"? I was stupid and unexperienced and wondered why it didn't work because I didn't have any extension. The tutorial is a bit ambiguous there.

Joseph_ad

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
didn´t work for me ive noticed taht there´s a exefs folder with a main file in it in past updates ando in this one i dont have it is this maybe the problem? and in that case where can i find this file

Joseph_ad

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
didn´t work for me ive noticed taht there´s a exefs folder with a main file in it in past updates ando in this one i dont have it is this maybe the problem? and in that case where can i find this file

tony6193

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Help, I would like to unlock the pit stop characters but I have the latest version of Atmosphere and the 9.1.0 firmware in nintendo

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Joseph_ad @tony6193
Just updated the guide with the latest cheats, if you were having issues it was probably because the cheat was outdated. At the top of the post I state which game update version the cheat is for. The guide should work the same regardless of which Atmosphere version you're using.

Gagi_Astvats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Created a folder in "titles", then I created "cheats", then txt file. And in txt file I wrote "04000000 010717D8 52800020" (
Unlock All Pit Stop Items). After this I launch the atmosphere from hekate but there's no new characters or any changes. What I've missed?
Game version: 1.0.11

Last edited by Gagi_Astvats,

Instandhaltung

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Created a folder in "titles", then I created "cheats", then txt file. And in txt file I wrote "04000000 010717D8 52800020" (
Unlock All Pit Stop Items). After this I launch the atmosphere from hekate but there's no new characters or any changes. What I've missed?
Game version: 1.0.11
If you have newer atmosphere versions, the "titles" folder is now called "contents" (I think). Please rename the folder and check again.

Gagi_Astvats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
If you have newer atmosphere versions, the "titles" folder is now called "contents" (I think). Please rename the folder and check again.
No. My system ver. 9.0.1|AMS 0.9.4|S And there is "titles". I created all folders and txt like in instruction it was, but there's still nothing.
Maybe I made mistake in txt?

Attachments

• 6D693314DAC7B040.txt
    26 bytes · Views: 429
  • s.JPG
    s.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 719
Last edited by Gagi_Astvats,

Instandhaltung

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. My system ver. 9.0.1|AMS 0.9.4|S And there is "titles". I created all folders and txt like in instruction was, but there still nothing.
Maybe I made mistake in txt?
Well, could you kindly copy the "titles" folder, and rename the copy into "contents", and see if that works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.