How to unlock all pit stop/grand prix characters and skins in Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by MattKimura, Jul 22, 2019.

1. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Update: Guide updated for v1.0.7
    It's quite BS how Activision decided to lock some characters and skins behind the internet, making you have to play online to unlock them. Well there's a way to unlock them through cfw via cheats. In fact, this is the only way for cfw users to unlock this content whatsoever. All it takes is applying a simple cheat code and you're good to go. Here's a break down of the steps using Atmosphere cfw:

1) On your SD card, browse to atmosphere/titles and make a folder called 0100f9f00c696000 and in it make a folder called cheats. Create a text file named 22DF179B89611807 in the cheats folder. This is the game's bid and changes with every game update.

2) Copy the "unlock all pit stop/grand prix items" cheat code (or any other cheats) into the text document from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-493#post-8773100

3) Reboot Atmosphere and launch Crash Team Racing. Choose local race and get to the character select screen to see if all locked characters from pit stop shop/grand prix are unlocked. Such as Tawna for example.

That's it, you now have access to these characters and skins. Keep in mind that whenever the game gets updated, the cheats need to be updated with a new code and a new bid for the text file. You can check for the game's bid by getting the latest Edizon nightly https://bsnx.lavatech.top/edizon/ and while the game is launched, boot the album to get into homebrew menu and launch Edizon and scroll down to cheats. Also keep in mind that the content doesn't stay unlocked forever, the cheat must be activated in order to have access to the content.
    It's a good idea to stalk that sxos cheat code thread's last few pages every time a new update is out, DaBlackDeath tends to update his cheat code. In that case, this guide will soon be outdated.

Note: Atmosphere cheats work the same on SXOS, just swap the atmosphere folder name with sxos. You can get ths bid in sxos by launching the game, launching the album and go to cheats.

Let me know if you guys have suggestions or concerns about my steps.

Last edited by MattKimura, Sep 1, 2019
  2. TerpToke

TerpToke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    I happen to run into a FPS slowdown when applying the cheat. It's very slight but noticable. Anyone else running into this?

3. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I don't see how this cheat code can cause slowdown, it simply changes some bytes in the game's code to unlock characters and skins. It does nothing else in the game. There's absolutely no way it could influence the FPS performance.

4. TerpToke

TerpToke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    Tbh my thoughts exactly. I will make a video and show, also I immediately stopped using it after noticing. I picked the big robot and the game was for sure slowed down a couple FPS. Idk. Will report back.

5. SOLSTAR

SOLSTAR Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    Italy
    works perfectly here on my end