Hacking How to uninstall Wii Game

batrachian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii was softmodied a while back and I installed a Wii game called "world of goo" onto it. Recently, I update the firmware to 4.2U and re-modified it, but this Wii game is still there and on the Wii channel. Is there a way that I can install this game as well as the backup loader that I installed almost at the same time? Thanks

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
batrachian said:
My Wii was softmodied a while back and I installed a Wii game called "world of goo" onto it. Recently, I update the firmware to 3.2U and re-modified it, but this Wii game is still there and on the Wii channel. Is there a way that I can install this game as well as the backup loader that I installed almost at the same time? Thanks
I'm a tad bit confused at what you are getting at...but let me try my best.

World of Goo is a WiiWare title, and like all WiiWare/VC titles will be shown as a channel on your Wii's System Menu screen. You can uninstall this channel via two methods, via the Wii's Channel Management Screen, or by using Any Title Deleter. If you need to reinstall this title or anything else like a backup loader channel you need to still have its WAD file. If you still have the WAD file for the channel, you can re-install it using any WAD manger like Multi-Mod Manager.

Hope that helps. For anything else, you're going to have to be more clear on what you want to accomplish.

As an aside, I will recommend that you update your Wii using ModMii, that is if you are not already using it.

-[]D

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
Recently, I update the firmware to 3.2U and re-modified it
I don't think that's a recommended modmii step...
laugh.gif

batrachian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
batrachian said:
My Wii was softmodied a while back and I installed a Wii game called "world of goo" onto it. Recently, I update the firmware to 3.2U and re-modified it, but this Wii game is still there and on the Wii channel. Is there a way that I can install this game as well as the backup loader that I installed almost at the same time? Thanks
I'm a tad bit confused at what you are getting at...but let me try my best.

World of Goo is a WiiWare title, and like all WiiWare/VC titles will be shown as a channel on your Wii's System Menu screen. You can uninstall this channel via two methods, via the Wii's Channel Management Screen, or by using Any Title Deleter. If you need to reinstall this title or anything else like a backup loader channel you need to still have its WAD file. If you still have the WAD file for the channel, you can re-install it using any WAD manger like Multi-Mod Manager.

Hope that helps. For anything else, you're going to have to be more clear on what you want to accomplish.

As an aside, I will recommend that you update your Wii using ModMii, that is if you are not already using it.

-[]D

Thanks for the help.

Let me try to explain hopefully a little better. I have World of Goo and Backup Loader installed on my Wii before the firmware upgrade. I assume those two applications were installed on the Wii ROM and Wii Channel. Now, I have no use for these two programs and want to uninstall them as clean as possible. Could anybody suggest how I can do this?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes we could, but looking at the terms you throw at us ( Wii Rom ) and the fact you said you upgraded to 3.2 ( currently wii is on 4.3 ) makes me believe it's not very safe to inform you about anytitle deleter mod. But who am I to say?

Good luck.

batrachian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Yes we could, but looking at the terms you throw at us ( Wii Rom ) and the fact you said you upgraded to 3.2 ( currently wii is on 4.3 ) makes me believe it's not very safe to inform you about anytitle deleter mod. But who am I to say?

Good luck.

Sorry, my bad. My current firmware version is 4.2U.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
batrachian said:
Hielkenator said:

Good luck.

Even then, Wii is on 4.3 if you have updated.

batrachian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
batrachian said:
Hielkenator said:

Good luck.

Even then, Wii is on 4.3 if you have updated.

I used the soft mod package from the forum and only updated to 4.2U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol