OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have softmii, and all it's goodies installed. Since I do not feel like brickin my wii, can anyone direct me on how to uninstall it properly and put in the latest IOS's and such for USB loading, and loading from the disc channel? I was unsure if I should post this in the backup loader section due to the fact it is not specificially related to a backup loader, more so an application. Thanks.

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoftMii won't brick you unless you yourself fuck up.

cIOSCORP = Disc channel piracy
cIOSrev9 or higher = USB loader piracy.

RevLTD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have said cIOSCORP and SoftMii installed as posted. I have an older cIOS, but due to the nature of never uninstalled said programs from said console, I am incapable of knowing whether or not said cIOS's shall screw up the wii, including Preloader.

I have experianced the PSP hacking scene in which case it's just a memory stick, but the wii is not cool enough to be able plug in to the computer and modify files(of course) from there. I do know that some things, such as simple applications on the homebrew channel are capable of being removed as it is on exterior memory(SD card).

I'm not going to take out the NAND chip, and remove said files from them. I'm not asking for a simple step by step guide, just whether or not it is simple and / or safe to uninstall the goodies contained in SoftMii.

Thanks, once again.

PS: I am not trying to be rude towards you, or anyone else. I am just stating my current crisis and situations concerning said system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P