wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its been sitting next to my tv gathering dust and i was wondering if its possible to bring it back to factory settings so i can sell it for scrap. i think it has like 4.2 on it and it can run homebrew/usb loader games - not sure on many details but is there some kind of unhack kit? thanks.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's possible, yes. You may want to check into ohneswanzenegger (or something). But that's a way to THOROUGHLY get things back to normal. If it's not to send it back to nintendo, it may be better to just check out 'revirginizing' (linky).

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Selling it as a hacked wii might make you more money. If you just want it cleaned for selling I would update to 4.3 and use the built in format option to erase your savegame data.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I second the first part of what neotank said but the rest is just pointless. There is no reason to UNHACK a Wii and its more valuable as a hacked Wii. Just like a PsP with custom firmware is more valuable than a Psp with factory firmware. The only one that gives a damn if its hacked is Nintendo. You gain NOTHING from UNHACKING a Wii, at all. Unlike having a hacked 360, there is absolutely no down side to having a hacked Wii. The Wii never gets banned from the network, and retail games still play in the unit.

Keep it hacked and tell the person you are selling it to that its hacked and you will get more for it. Unless you are selling it back to Gamestop or something (which I dont recommend because Gamestop has horrible buy back prices). In that case dont tell them shit, they wont give you extra for it being hacked (usually they will only give you 1/4th of what they sell a used Wii for). Just if you are selling it back to Gamestop or a store like Gamestop, make sure if you have your Wii set up to boot to the Preloader to change that. Also it would be a good idea to move the homebrew channel to a different page other than the first page. Reset or delete any customized system settings, mail and/or save files (if you care about ppl playing your saved game files) and you are set.

Word of advise: Sell it back to a BUY SELL TRADE second hand store, trust me they give you alot more for your stuff.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
I've seen a fair number of virginizing's (is that how you say it?) go wrong, landing the person with a full brick. Leave it hacked, and if you want the most out of it, do a fresh softmod with ModMii.
Yeah, there was a rash of bricks from them a little over a year ago. I haven't seen any in a long time. Maybe everyone finally learned that virginizing is a bad idea.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
JoostinOnline said:
I've seen a fair number of virginizing's (is that how you say it?) go wrong, landing the person with a full brick. Leave it hacked, and if you want the most out of it, do a fresh softmod with ModMii.
Yeah, there was a rash of bricks from them a little over a year ago. I haven't seen any in a long time. Maybe everyone finally learned that virginizing is a bad idea.
I haven't been on gbatemp long, but I remember at wiihacks it was due the two virginizing guides not being compatible with 4.3. The guides said that in big read letters, but that never seems to stop the newbies. The staff eventually had to moderate both guides to put a stop to it.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
I haven't been on gbatemp long, but I remember at wiihacks it was due the two virginizing guides not being compatible with 4.3. The guides said that in big read letters, but that never seems to stop the newbies. The staff eventually had to moderate both guides to put a stop to it.
You know it's against the rules to say the 'w' word here????
yay.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
JoostinOnline said:
I haven't been on gbatemp long, but I remember at bleep? it was due the two virginizing guides not being compatible with 4.3. The guides said that in big read letters, but that never seems to stop the newbies. The staff eventually had to moderate both guides to put a stop to it.
You know it's against the rules to say the 'w' word here????
yay.gif
Lol, really? That's kinda stupid. Do you just want nobody to know about it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.