Hacking How to unformat SD card from emunand

AlanWeird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.

I have a 32gb Microsd card I added emunand to the very night 9.6 came out. I was literally learning everything and trying to set everything up to transfer from my old 3ds to my new one... and bam. 9.6 ruins it all.

I'm now looking to install rxtools, but first, I want to put my 32gb back to its original format. minus emunand. to be used in another non 3ds device.

I'm clueless on how to do this.

AlanWeird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Windows wouldn't do it... with quite a few programs.

However. Threw it into an android device and its as good as new. No nand partitions or anything. superb :)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know hard disk low level format tool will format both partitions and combine them back together.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Windows + R
2) type CMD then hit enter.
3) type diskpart
3a) say yes if it asks for Admin privileges.
4) type list disk
5) look for the disk with the correct size, there will be a number next to it. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT DISK!
6) type select disk (disk number without these no parenthesis) EX: select disk 3
7) make sure you have the right disk again, continuing with the incorrect disk will wipe all data from it. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO THE WRONG DISK!
8) type clean
9) Hit windows, search for create and format hard disk partitions, run it
10) look for unallocated space the size of your SD in the lower section of the window, you may have to scroll.
11) Right click it, then create (simple?) volume.
12) You can figure it out from here, just follow the wizard.

Edit:
...and I totally was way too late. Oh well.

This takes like 60 seconds, and most of that is opening things yourself. Good for people who
don't have an android device that will fix it for you. :)

AlanWeird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Osx I read is as easy as formatting any other sd or usb device. Just windows is a butt.

Thanks MisterB98 and everyone else for laying on solid info for anybody else in the same boat who comes looking :)

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
What about for OSX? Would I just go under the disk utility and delete the partition on said SD Card?
Select the disk (not the volume of it)
  1. Go on the partition tab
  2. Click options and select master boot record
  3. On partition layout select "1 partition"
  4. On format select msdos or something like that
  5. and click apply/format/whatever
edit: or just use SD Formatter and enable Logical Address Adjustment (this works with windows too) (quick format works just fine)

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

I did it differently (and I forgot I could of used SD Formatter, already have it installed).
When I open up disk utility it has the SD card, then under it it has the 30gb partition (didn't show the Emunand one). Anyway, I selected the SD card, not the volume, and I formatted the whole thing. The size of it said 32gb once it was done, so I am assuming it removed all the partitions.

Now I am formatting emunand on the 3ds.

While I am here, how am I able to dumb just the enunand nand, so that I have a backup of it (this is the whole reason why I wanted to redo my whole emunand thing)?
And I heard that if you format the Sysnand it will unlink it from the emunand. is it possible to format the emunand and unlink the two that way?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Windows wouldn't do it... with quite a few programs.

However. Threw it into an android device and its as good as new. No nand partitions or anything. superb :)
You can't unformat a drive :P
However, the Panasonic SD formatter would get rid of the NAND partition if you tick the right option (it's something like "resize partition")

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr