Hacking How to unbrick your wii without a modchip

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you need the starfall diag patch, which is only available to you on 3.2,
he has 3.3, so he doesn't have that patch, so he needs a chip.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Framework's nice blog.....he made an "All-In-One Wii Hacking Thread" with links in the first post and they linked to specific blog entries on a unique blog, and I believe they were all taken from members here.

people gave him a hard time tho, saying he was promoting his blog, which made no sense because he only made it for that purpose.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
noobwarrior7 said:
Framework's nice blog.....he made an "All-In-One Wii Hacking Thread" with links in the first post and they linked to specific blog entries on a unique blog, and I believe they were all taken from members here.

people gave him a hard time tho, saying he was promoting his blog, which made no sense because he only made it for that purpose.

What the f**k are you talking about???

Is thus tutorial taken into another thread?!?!?!?

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
djdynamite123 said:
lol oh dear..
ehm??

no?
tongue.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I whished it would help me....
... I have torn my gcpad apart, but as I don't have the recover-mode on y patch installed with starfall I can't get into it. even savemefrii method won'T let me in the recovery mode.... tried several times....
... I wonder if that is because I patched the healthscreen away with starfall...
If I don't get in that recovery mode, a modchip also won't help me, right ?

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiShizzza said:
I whished it would help me....
... I have torn my gcpad apart, but as I don't have the recover-mode on y patch installed with starfall I can't get into it. even savemefrii method won'T let me in the recovery mode.... tried several times....
... I wonder if that is because I patched the healthscreen away with starfall...
If I don't get in that recovery mode, a modchip also won't help me, right ?
it may help you as long as you have autoboot
and SaveMiiFree doesnt work for me either,thats why i installed Y meny patch

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok hackers here's another alternative solution without too much brain cells a burning....

You know I keep reading about these people trying to recover from these bricks and really the only way I have seen so far that they have been absolutely successful is what Fors was doing... he was taking his Wii to a friend that had a modded drive and hooking their modded drive to his wii... and I think from there he was using the autoboot firmware feature? I didn't follow to closely...or let's just say, I don't remember the exact
details of how he got the solution. Have you tried PMing him about your situation? I think he is probably the most qualified for this particular
scenario considering I think he has done this process with his friend's modded Wii...

You know this is how I would do it if I had a bricked Wii... and this is just me.... and I just thought of this and I know it would work.

I am not sure what country you are in... but in the US you can buy stuff from stores and as long as you have the receipt.. you can return it and get a full refund. That said. If your Wii still looks like it came as if it just were just bought... I would go to, let's say Walmart, and buy a Wii and then take it home and and swap yours for the new one. Take it back to the same Walmart or another one.. doesn't matter. And they will refund your money back and now you have a free new Wii without having to send it to Nintendo.. Because I know for a fact that they are not going to plug your Wii up at the store and test it to see if you messed it up... not unless the customer service attendant is a homebrewer and it would still be hard for them to argue the return. Anyways.. .that is what my slick ass would do. And there you have it a fixed Wii for free...minus the gas money to get there... but you got your cash back and a Wii. How do I know this works you may ask? I have done it before.. not with my Wii... but with my surround sound system a year ago. I fried the reciever by accident....didn't have the receipt to try and return it... long story short.. I did exactly what I just mentioned and they didn't even hesitate to refund my cash..

Hey it's worth a try as plan B.

This is what I suggested to WiiShizzza in a PM...

There is no shame in my game... I'm a pirate with many resources. Do I feel guilty?! Hell no. I think Nintendo has figured this up in their overhead that there are a few people that would figure this method out.. and it is guaranteed to unbrick your Wii... so go find a store like Walmart..
Other stores this will work on in US are... Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, Kmart, etc. I know because
I have had friends work at all of them... But...let me tell... Walmart is probably your best choice... because they never give you the 10 questions on why you are returning it.

Just tell them something like... I was getting this for my little brother or sister for xmas/birthday and grandma had already got her one... So I think I am just going to get her some accessories and games for her/his new Wii...

Yea, I know what you are thinking...

Iron Mask you are just terrible..... Terribly slick! Gotta Wii to brick?!
wink2.gif
Merry Xmas!

jassim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i havent banner bricked my wii but i know for a fact that this works coz i managed to get to the part whre i could play zelda meaning i can launch anytitle deleter, thx a lot, this really helps.
now wat should i do? BRICK MY WII XD

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
jassim said:
i havent banner bricked my wii but i know for a fact that this works coz i managed to get to the part whre i could play zelda meaning i can launch anytitle deleter, thx a lot, this really helps.
now wat should i do? BRICK MY WII XD
dontya even try to brick it or else youll be spending your christmas gift(i almost got a PS3 untill i bricked my Wii:( )on a chippy!

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It doesn't work without a modchip. I tried several times.
An Autoboot Zelda is needed, which can only boot through the recovery menu and using a mod chip.

I really thought that this guide would help to unbrick a banner brick without chip.
But it doesn't. Zelda is spinning, but would never boot.

Maybe it's only my fault... Maybe I didn't have the proper starfall patches installed.

D

Deleted User

Does it have to be a retail copy of zelda?
If i were to try a 1:1 backup of it, or an autoboot version. Would either work?

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiShizzza said:
It doesn't work without a modchip. I tried several times.
An Autoboot Zelda is needed, which can only boot through the recovery menu and using a mod chip.

I really thought that this guide would help to unbrick a banner brick without chip.
But it doesn't. Zelda is spinning, but would never boot.

Maybe it's only my fault... Maybe I didn't have the proper starfall patches installed.
i guess that yea...

but weard enough before i got my chippy(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.