how to unbrick my wii

JGSHEW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some more info please :). What's actually not working? Is the problem that the settings page is broken (that's what the proper meaning of "semibrick" is)? And what were you doing that caused the brick?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i acsedentaly (semi)bricked my wii can simeone help?
Hello there and welcome to GBATemp! :)
You can create a new thread in the Wii section here and talk about your problem. And please be specific, and provide as many details as possible in order for people to understand and help you correctly. 👍

Reactions: Alexander1970

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i acsedentaly (semi)bricked my wii can simeone help?
Can you access Priiloader when holding the "reset" button on boot?
Do you have Bootmii installed as either IOS or as Boot2?
Do you have a nand backup at hand?
And what did you do exactly that made you think the Wii is either bricked or "semi"-bricked?

susky_u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some more info please :). What's actually not working? Is the problem that the settings page is broken (that's what the proper meaning of "semibrick" is)? And what were you doing that caused the brick?
when i start up certain apps/games i get this screen and how i got it i was at wiiexporer and i acedenatlly pressed the wrong button

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 51

susky_u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you access Priiloader when holding the "reset" button on boot?
Do you have Bootmii installed as either IOS or as Boot2?
Do you have a nand backup at hand?
And what did you do exactly that made you think the Wii is either bricked or "semi"-bricked?
i have priiloader and a nand backup

susky_u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there and welcome to GBATemp! :)
You can create a new thread in the Wii section here and talk about your problem. And please be specific, and provide as many details as possible in order for people to understand and help you correctly. 👍
thx i will do this next time

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i start up certain apps/games i get this screen and how i got it i was at wiiexporer and i acedenatlly pressed the wrong button
So the system boots to the home menu?
You should re-install those games, and re-download those homebrew apps that give you that corruption message.
@XFlak might know if it's necessary to restore a nand backup to get rid of the corruption in your case, or just system format would do along with reinstalling all homebrew apps, games etc. :)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Why? are you NAND corrupted? or only said what is dangerous if you use the wrong NAND?

if is YOUR OWN NAND and isn't corrupted, it's fine to restore your backup, IS FOR THAT YOU MAKE, to have a point for going back to a know working state.

susky_u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? are you NAND corrupted? or only said what is dangerous if you use the wrong NAND?

if is YOUR OWN NAND and isn't corrupted, it's fine to restore your backup, IS FOR THAT YOU MAKE, to have a point for going back to a know working state.
its not corruped i never edited it and i dont have boot2 i have priiloader i have been told you need a specific tool to format ur nand and later restore it

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
May be your Keys.bin isn't fixed, there is a bug on bootmii where the process to restore a backup needs a space between the "L" and "e" of the message "ConsoleID" of the keys.bin and NAND.bin files:
1655394135947.png

The left one is the image of the generated keys.bin and right is a "fixed" one.

So, if you use the original keys.bin and NAND.bin, the restore will tell you what isn't for that console. Use the program "Bootmii-KEYFIX.exe" to generate the Keys-Fixed.bin and fix your NAND.bin the file Keys-fixed.bin can be renamed Keys.bin file for use on restore.

The program can be downloaded from: https://gbatemp.net/download/bootmii-keyfix.37496/

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: gelderm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: