How To Turn Your Cable Box Into A Gaming PC And Increase Internet Speed (Sales Method)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A thousand dollars to set up an FTP server that anyone could do in five minutes with a quick search on YouTube, and forty-five minutes configuring a Kodi build on a Fire Stick?

Yeah. You overvalued your services. You hustled someone who was gullible. Mitigating the fuckery by claiming that they were happy with the outcome and saved money doesn't change the fact that what you did for them (read: how you hustled your roommates into buying you a gaming PC and are now encouraging other people to do the same thing to their unsuspecting friends) is not worth A THOUSAND DOLLARS AN HOUR.

Having a rough life doesn't mean that you should justify taking advantage of other people by saying SCREW CAPITALISM. If you're against price-gouging and big corporations screwing over the little guy, you really need to examine your motives. What is more capitalist than charging A THOUSAND DOLLARS AN HOUR to follow two YouTube videos?

You screwed your friends and now you want other people to follow suit. Now you're trying to play the victim and blame your circumstance for your lack of honor.

I support your liberty and your freedom of expression, but, seriously.

Bad form.

The amount of time that it took to do it was irrelevant. The amount of value that it gave to someone who otherwise would not have ever, ever had it without me is what's important. What you're saying is, that because it was easy TO ME, I should have just straight up given it away for free.

How much money did I save them? Up to this point, 3x as much as they spent and counting.

"Having a rough life doesn't justify taking advantage of other people"? I don't think you understand how the entire capitalist system works. The entire thing is built on your definition of "exploitation". This is what business IS. I understood something they didn't, and the thing that they didn't understand was killing them financially. I stepped in and helped. Not for free, I didn't give them absolutely all the power, but I saved them money and helped them in the end. I got my reward for helping instead of just rolling over like a dog and saying "sure you can have it all for free and I'll just stick my thumb up my ass and rock in a fetal position".

And again, you have no idea what I've been through or what my life is like. I had to get my hands on this computer to at least be able to work and maybe have a chance at streaming with the use of my voice acting. Of course if you're poor you have to do what you can to make a living! Should I just continue to be poor and do nothing to help my situation and just help everyone all the time? Should I have absolutely no respect for myself and the value that I provide?

By the way, you know crapping on tutorials is against the rules, right? Furthermore, I didn't come in here just to brag. I was asked years ago to make this and I finally beat my awful medical condition long enough to remember that I needed to post this. If this was about bragging, I would have done it way back during the completion of that thread! My only intention was to help people, period. And thus far, I have helped far more than I have hurt, no matter who you are talking about.

Reactions: Deleted User

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah I totally agree that part is scummy. Should have said "you can do all for $300 but, while we are at it why don't we upgrade it to $1000 so I can do graphic design on it.". Thats better I think.

At least I cannot do that to my parents because they won't buy it if I cannot explain to them all of the details.

You are somehow right, if you tell the truth, everything is "fine" because people would be responsible for accepting your "deal". The problem here is what isn't said, that is, the lies, therefore, theft.

Reactions: r5xscn

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The amount of time that it took to do it was irrelevant. The amount of value that it gave to someone who otherwise would not have ever, ever had it without me is what's important. What you're saying is, that because it was easy TO ME, I should have just straight up given it away for free.

How much money did I save them? Up to this point, 3x as much as they spent and counting.

"Having a rough life doesn't justify taking advantage of other people"? I don't think you understand how the entire capitalist system works. The entire thing is built on your definition of "exploitation". This is what business IS. I understood something they didn't, and the thing that they didn't understand was killing them financially. I stepped in and helped. Not for free, I didn't give them absolutely all the power, but I saved them money and helped them in the end. I got my reward for helping instead of just rolling over like a dog and saying "sure you can have it all for free and I'll just stick my thumb up my ass and rock in a fetal position".

And again, you have no idea what I've been through or what my life is like. I had to get my hands on this computer to at least be able to work and maybe have a chance at streaming with the use of my voice acting. Of course if you're poor you have to do what you can to make a living! Should I just continue to be poor and do nothing to help my situation and just help everyone all the time? Should I have absolutely no respect for myself and the value that I provide?

By the way, you know crapping on tutorials is against the rules, right? Furthermore, I didn't come in here just to brag. I was asked years ago to make this and I finally beat my awful medical condition long enough to remember that I needed to post this. If this was about bragging, I would have done it way back during the completion of that thread! My only intention was to help people, period. And thus far, I have helped far more than I have hurt, no matter who you are talking about.

Theft is theft, deceiving people is deceiving people. You are laughable for justifiyng your actions. Man up with what you did, thief.

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You are somehow right, if you tell the truth, everything is "fine" because people would be responsible for accepting your "deal". The problem here is what isn't said, that is, the lies, therefore, theft.
Yeah I forgot on the lying part, I focused too much on the saved money haha.

These were pretty much strangers. Just people I ran into that learned that I could set up a Fire Stick for them.

Love everybody. It's free.
I hope I can do the same as you! Love strangers and your enemies.

Wolvenreign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I modded someone's Fire Stick and hooked up their Kodi build, they grilled me a cheeseburger and gave me a beer. And I was happy and grateful. Even moreso knowing that after I left, I just gave them thousands and thousands of hours of entertainment and stress relief and comfort and peace, for free.

That's how you treat the people you love. Isn't it?

You judgmental little prick. You. Do. Not. Know. Me. You don't know what kind of shit I've been through with these people. You might be in a cushy enough situation to judge me from your ivory tower, having a place to sleep every night and having parents who didn't FUCKING ABUSE YOU. I came here with the sole intention of helping people who are in a similarly rough place, and this is all you can do?! Tell me about how fucking evil I am? Fuck right off! I'm going to the administrators about this.

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You judgmental little prick. You. Do. Not. Know. Me. You don't know what kind of shit I've been through with these people. You might be in a cushy enough situation to judge me from your ivory tower, having a place to sleep every night and having parents who didn't FUCKING ABUSE YOU. I came here with the sole intention of helping people who are in a similarly rough place, and this is all you can do?! Tell me about how fucking evil I am? Fuck right off! I'm going to the administrators about this.
This is why we should not judge people based on the little information that we have. But still, revenge is bad. I mean lets abuse people who abuse us. Although, I am guilty of the same thing many times, let's not do it. It makes you the same as them.

Last edited by r5xscn,
Reactions: CraddaPoosta

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What you have presented is not a "tutorial". You provided absolutely no original content. You presented a personal anecdote about how you ripped your parents off, then posted links to two YouTube videos to show how you pulled off your hustle.

Any "tutorial" on this page will be open to and subject to civil criticism. I have been civil this entire time. Offering my perspective on the questionable morality of your "sales tactic" that you want other people to try out on their friends and loved ones.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My mom gave me up to a foster agency when I was 2. After regaining custody, she remained a physically and emotionally abusive parent who was also an alcoholic until she died in 2011.

My step-father's commanding officer raped me three times when I was 12, causing me to spend the next year of my life in long-term in-patient psychiatric hospitals.

I first became homeless at age 15 and stole from Food Lion to eat, and begged for quarters so I could get a pack of smokes. Broke into my friends' parents' garages to have a semi-warm place to sleep. Crashed under a fishing pier in the dead of winter for a week.

YOU. DO. NOT. KNOW. ME.

I am trying to help you, little brother.

Last edited by CraddaPoosta,
Reactions: nashismo

Wolvenreign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you have presented is not a "tutorial". You provided absolutely no original content. You presented a personal anecdote about how you ripped your parents off, then posted links to two YouTube videos to show how you pulled off your hustle.

Any "tutorial" on this page will be open to and subject to civil criticism. I have been civil this entire time. Offering my perspective on the questionable morality of your "sales tactic" that you want other people to try out on their friends and loved ones.

You think that judging people without knowing what their situation really is is "civil"? Clearly you are in a good enough place financially that you can afford to spend your time modding shit and providing insane value to people for the price of a goddamn cheeseburger, but some of us don't know when or where our next job is going to come from!

Thread crapping on tutorials, aka "offering your perspective" in any judgmental capacity is against the rules no matter which way you reword it.

I didn't SCAM ANYONE. I understood a technical matter that they didn't and as a result, I had a chance to actually extract value from my work. If they had understood it, they would have been able to do it themselves. How much money did I save them? How can you call it a scam when I provided them value above what they lost?

The original content is how you put it together. That is the original content. Did you think of doing this before you read the tutorial? Of course you didn't, you just admitted that before you read this, you did this for the price of a cheeseburger. You might not *want* to do what I have posted here, but that doesn't mean that the content I posted wasn't original. I never even ONCE claimed that I was the one who came up with the how or why, that's why this is labelled a "Sales Tactic".

I am done with this. I tried to do something nice for the community with something that I provided value with for other people. You can help me out of my situation or fuck off, dude. Maybe when I'm rich enough to not have to struggle every day I can give them back their thousand dollars or whatever. Jesus fucking christ.

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Do not talk to the THIEF. That is how it goes in my culture. People in my country and even me, have struggle our entire lives, even just to eat, specially in the 80's.

That still doesn't make wrong right. Wrong is wrong and right is right no matter how you slice it. WE should report your post for scam and theft related tutorials.

We are modders and we pirate some games here in a good hearted manner, we are not thieves and scammers, sorry. And no I wont go to the ridiculous argument of pirating games is theft also, it is not if is only digital. We are NOT taking anyone's money out of their pockets, what YOU DID.

Last edited by nashismo,

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your situation does not matter, sir. Wrong is wrong. It's honestly that simple.

If you REALLY want to get gully, it's also against the rules to directly link to sources of piracy, which includes movies, television shows and music.

A hacked Kodi build provides all of those. Which you linked to. Not your own content, of course. If it WERE your content, this might be an actual tutorial.

Cheers.

Last edited by CraddaPoosta,
Reactions: nashismo and r5xscn

Wolvenreign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My mom gave me up to a foster agency when I was 2. After regaining custody, she remained a physically and emotionally abusive parent who was also an alcoholic until she died in 2011.

My step-father's commanding officer raped me three times when I was 12, causing me to spend the next year of my life in long-term in-patient psychiatric hospitals.

I first became homeless at age 15 and stole from Food Lion to eat, and begged for quarters so I could get a pack of smokes. Broke into my friends' parents' garages to have a semi-warm place to sleep. Crashed under a fishing pier in the dead of winter for a week.

YOU. DO. NOT. KNOW. ME.

I am trying to help you, little brother.

In what fucking sense have you helped me whatsoever? I wasn't the one to judge YOU in the first place! I am sorry about everything that happened to you, and hey, maybe that's why you're such a judgmental little prick in the first place.

If you really want to help me, get me a job or give me so much money that I never have to worry about doing this ever again.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In what fucking sense have you helped me whatsoever? I wasn't the one to judge YOU in the first place! I am sorry about everything that happened to you, and hey, maybe that's why you're such a judgmental little prick in the first place.

If you really want to help me, get me a job or give me so much money that I never have to worry about doing this ever again.

Trying to give you something much more valuable than money.

'Tegridy. Character goes a long way.

Reactions: nashismo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over