1. Cristagally

OP Cristagally Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hello everyone,

I already ask this into the "noob" sectioin on this forum, but I didn't receive many answers (only one, to be honest).
    I'ml not interested at the moment playing 3DS game. I use mainly my 3DS for retrogaming. Right now i'm playing through Virtual Console and it's quite fun, and easy to play (Zelda, Metroid etc...). I would like to use my 3DS for playing Sega Genesis/Master System/Game Gear, or Nintendo NES, SNES, GB or GBC game, or even Mame and Neo Geo games.

I would like to know if the easiest way to play "old" games is to install a custom firmware, or if a flashcard can do the same. (Price is not important). What guy do you think?

PS: I'm a bit lost with all this flashcard, is a one better than the others and support emulators?

Have a nice day everyone!

2. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Retroarch, snes9x, GBA injects, VC injects, just start looking for those.

zacchi4k and TurdPooCharger like this.
  3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Czech Republic
    DS flashcard and CFW.
    But if you don't care about DS and 3DS games at all, CFW is all you need (then VC and emulators).

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Dec 12, 2018
    TurdPooCharger likes this.
  4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Snake™ CEO of Snakes

Antarctica
    The best flashcart for emulation was the DSTWO, but they are extremely pricey and tend to be rather rare nowadays.
    I have tested several of those and I personally suggest using a CFW with VC injection along with Retroarch on a New3DS(XL)/New2DSXL. The New3DS(XL/n2DSXL) hardware has the best hardware support for emulation with 3DS hardware.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Dec 12, 2018
    TurdPooCharger likes this.
  5. TurdPooCharger

United States
    @Cristagally, here's a quick & dirty list that covers most emulators and loaders.

tfocosta likes this.
  6. jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer Neato Burrito!

United States
    both are great, because with a flash cart, you can play all of the ds games you want, plus with cfw you can make vc injects on a pc, then install and play them on your system! (You'll need the roms tho)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - retrogaming, Flashcards, Nintendo