Hacking Question How to turn off my switch

jajamundo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone

I'm using SX OS 1.9 and Just updated to 6.0. Finally start using AutoRCM and I already read all about the battery desinc or the switch discharges because it always goes to autorcm mode.

I'm wondering because I really don't want to go to horizon (I'm preventing to burning fuses). So, how do I actually turn off my console using SX OS

Or really I need to turn it off using hetake everytime

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, since I started using autoRCM I was actually never in need of turning off the console. Just sleep mode with at least 60% battery when not in use, and when needed to take out the card, it was just a matter of minutes and then again, just sleep mode. No need to turn it off.

However if you really need to turn it off too often, yes, with hekate would be the best option, or also turn off the autoRCM temporarily.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone

I'm using SX OS 1.9 and Just updated to 6.0. Finally start using AutoRCM and I already read all about the battery desinc or the switch discharges because it always goes to autorcm mode.

I'm wondering because I really don't want to go to horizon (I'm preventing to burning fuses). So, how do I actually turn off my console using SX OS

Or really I need to turn it off using hetake everytime

If you want to turn off your switch, you can do it under SX OS menu - option Turn off (it’s a truly power off like Hekate)

Easily checkable, as if you try to send a payload, it won’t work until you press power on the switch.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would you enable autoRCM if you are never going to turn your Switch off? I have SX OS active and always put my Switch in sleep mode. No need for autoRCM and the risk of something going wrong.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Why would you enable autoRCM if you are never going to turn your Switch off? I have SX OS active and always put my Switch in sleep mode. No need for autoRCM and the risk of something going wrong.
Because when I need to it too much pain to the whole process again. Even without turn it off, you still need to restart it every time you take the card out.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No need for autoRCM and the risk of something going wrong.
There’s nothing risky with AutoRCM when you use it the right way, moreover for someone who updated without burning fuses it’s just safer, avoid any risk of booting « accidentaly « into Horizon Os and burn the fuses...

Last edited by Maupiti,

jajamundo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since I started using autoRCM I was actually never in need of turning off the console. Just sleep mode with at least 60% battery when not in use, and when needed to take out the card, it was just a matter of minutes and then again, just sleep mode. No need to turn it off.

However if you really need to turn it off too often, yes, with hekate would be the best option, or also turn off the autoRCM temporarily.
The thing os that I really dont use my hacked switch so often. So the idea of having it in sleep Mode is left my hacked switch for days.

If you want to turn off your switch, you can do it under SX OS menu - option Turn off (it’s a truly power off like Hekate)

Easily checkable, as if you try to send a payload, it won’t work until you press power on the switch.

But of I do this is exactly if I turn off the console with Nintendo Switch menu on sx os and then load the payload hetake or sx os.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But of I do this is exactly if I turn off the console with Nintendo Switch menu on sx os and then load the payload hetake or sx os.
On the switch Nintendo menu, power off long, will prompt power options, choose reboot, you will be under RCM black screen, inject either Hekate or Sx OS (if SX OS press volume up while injecting to enter SX os menu) and choose power off.

I’ve tried under Nintendo menu powering more than 15 seconds.. I’m not convinced and long to wait...whereas re-injecting is faster ... I’m not sure if under ReiNX or RajNX power off truly power the switch off...

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is entirely possible to turn off a Switch with AutoRCM. Read the tl;dr section from here. If you have the SX Pro, read how to turn it off from this thread.
I tought that’s what I explained...but probably more confusing and not in so good English as it’s not my native langage...:blush:.. I apologize for that...

Writing this post, I realize that’s sometimes, it’s a lot better to answer a question pointing to a dedicated thread, well written and everything well explained than re-writting with the risk of being less clever :D

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: beats1234

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt