Hacking How to trigger ghost of sparta exploit in 3.18 for TN-V10?

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is the only game I already have I would very much like to try and use it instead of buying another one.
However information on how to trigger the exploit is lacking :(

Would anyone know?

Thanks!

D

Deleted User

I know this doesn't really address the issue in question, but you're using a pretty outdated exploit that triggers a pretty outdated version of TN-V anyway.
And 3.18 is no longer the golden firmware. If you're not relying on 3.18 for TN-X, PSOne Loader, PSM Dev, or anything that requires one of the older 3.xx firmwares, I recommend taking the trip to 3.60, where you can install HENkaku to your Vita and use your Ghost of Sparta PSP game (or any PSP game/demo/mini, for that matter!) as a base to install either Adrenaline eCFW (recommended, pretty much does everything TN-V could do, but with newer features as well; needs HENkaku installed to be able to run) or ARK eCFW (permanent, don't need to have HENkaku installed, but it has less features than Adrenaline).
(On a side-note, as well as these newer, up-to-date PSP eCFWs, you'll also get access to native Vita homebrew and much better emulators like Retroarch, on top of useful utilities and plugins.)

Adrenaline:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-adrenaline-6-61.449344/
ARK:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/qwikrazo...-for-3-60-also-works-on-3-61-and-3-63.456610/

Last edited by ,
Reactions: dream3

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Voxel that was a pretty good reply!

But in fact my ps vita is 99% about playing ps1 games. I heard that future adrenaline versions will probably have all that tn-v has with 3.18 now BUT you never know. Only one guy doing all the work, stuff could go wrong. If you know any other firmware that would have the same ps1 psp plugin support as the 3.18, please let me know.

Always open to suggestions, thanks buddy.

D

Deleted User

No problem. Always glad to help out!

Regarding any current PS1 support for 3.60, Retroarch offers a PCSX-ReARMed (PS1 emulator) core that will run almost all games, pretty much at full-speed if a BIOS file is supplied.
I hear that a handful of games might not work properly still, or are very slow still though. You could always research around online to see if any of the PS1 games you have currently on your Vita have high compatability or not with the emulator. But seeing as that's one of the main obstacles that might prevent you from deciding to update, I really don't blame you for waiting for full PS1 support in Adrenaline anyway. :P

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
ARK supports PS1 loading, but without sound unfortunately. Retroarch does have a native PS1 emulator which works pretty ok for the most part but does lag a little. Games do look a bit better, though, as it's being run in the native Vita resolution instead of the PSP's upscaled resolution.

For your issue though, I suggest trying the email exploit instead of triggering the game save exploit.

http://hackinformer.com/PlayStation...o_install_tnv_bubble_without_exploitgame.html <

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I think you guys are convincing me. Maybe I'll go for 3.60 and patiently wait.

Do I need to buy any game for exploits though? Like future-proofing? Cause I was forced into giving my ps3 to charity (long story) and I wouldn't like to pay 300 bucks later just to transfer games. I have a few days with it so that's why I ask.

Or with 3.60 there's no more of that at all? (For henkaku, Adrenaline or any possible other future custom hack I mean)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
For Henkaku itself, nothing is needed except an active internet connection as the exploit is run from the browser. Just go to henkaku.xyz on your Vita's browser and it'll install the exploit. Do note that you have to reinstall Henkaku after every reboot, as of right now it's not a persistent exploit. To update straight to 3.60, check the Noob Guide in the stickies which provides a quick and easy method of updating straight to 3.60 from the Vita itself.

For Adrenaline, all you need is a PSP game and full activation of your Vita. But, since you have Ghost of Sparta, you already have both so you won't need anything extra :) Just follow the tutorial for the Easy Adrenaline Installer in the link Voxel posted above and you'll be all set there.

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wohooo. Thanks Tom.

Also, so that I don't have to create another thread, maybe you guys know:

Can I backup the stuff I had on a memory card in a 3.63 vita and then transfer that content over to a lower fw vita? Primarily I want to transfer my Spyro and Crash psn games (that I was fortunate enough to download when sony had that lapse of rational thinking) over to my new vita which has it's own memory card, currently 3.18 and soon 3.60. My old vita is of course activated and the new one was activated when I transferred ghost of sparta. All registered and activated to a single psn account basically.

And secondly I wish I could download and transfer all my content to my new vita while I have my ps3 and backup for future inconveniences, since as I mentioned, ps3 will be gone.

IS that too complex for this thread? haha

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, u can't go downward from say 3.63 and transfer to 3.60. u can go upward though. however, u can transfer the content to a lower firmware system with a ps3. going to a lower firmware vita using a higher firmware vita and the pc - u can't do. hope that's not too confusing.

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what do you mean, transfer with a ps3? I have crash and spyro downloaded in the ps3 but sony locked the vita from them. That's why I thought doing it via PC would work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theoretically, it might be possible without a ps3 - spoofing with henkaku and changing the cma id inside of the system.dreg. I've never tried that though. those r ur two issues right there. the ps3 is a way to bypass it. both vitas would need the same cma id (only possible if u have access to the file system so ur henkaku system would need to be changed) and the one ur transferring to would have to be on the same or higher firmware (might be possible with spoofing, but I'm not sure).

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
wohooo. Thanks Tom.

Also, so that I don't have to create another thread, maybe you guys know:

Can I backup the stuff I had on a memory card in a 3.63 vita and then transfer that content over to a lower fw vita? Primarily I want to transfer my Spyro and Crash psn games (that I was fortunate enough to download when sony had that lapse of rational thinking) over to my new vita which has it's own memory card, currently 3.18 and soon 3.60. My old vita is of course activated and the new one was activated when I transferred ghost of sparta. All registered and activated to a single psn account basically.

And secondly I wish I could download and transfer all my content to my new vita while I have my ps3 and backup for future inconveniences, since as I mentioned, ps3 will be gone.

IS that too complex for this thread? haha
Vita games can be backed up and restored from higher firmware to lower firmware, but no PS1/PSP games can so you're out of luck there. If you happen to have a PSP handy, you can reinstall the Spyro and Crash games by using the PKG manager and transferring licenses from a PSP to your Vita.

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vita games can be backed up and restored from higher firmware to lower firmware, but no PS1/PSP games can so you're out of luck there. If you happen to have a PSP handy, you can reinstall the Spyro and Crash games by using the PKG manager and transferring licenses from a PSP to your Vita.

Not even with some sort of spoofing like Godre mentioned + qCMA?

And yes, I think I have a psp lost somewhere here! Any noob guide for making that marvelous procedure?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if @Tom Bombadildo means what I think he means: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pinkys-ps-vita-tutorials.457700/ bottom tutorial, but u can eliminate the ps3 to psp part assuming u can still sign- in to the psn store with a psp. I don't know if u can - never tried it. the key is getting the license on to the vita. u can get the pkg download with the xpd file here: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action . though, I'm not sure if this is what he's referring to. I didn't even know u could install anything on the psv that wasn't a free demo.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
if @Tom Bombadildo means what I think he means: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pinkys-ps-vita-tutorials.457700/ bottom tutorial, but u can eliminate the ps3 to psp part assuming u can still sign- in to the psn store with a psp. I don't know if u can - never tried it. the key is getting the license on to the vita. u can get the pkg download with the xpd file here: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action . though, I'm not sure if this is what he's referring to. I didn't even know u could install anything on the psv that wasn't a free demo.
Your tutorial is extremely long-winded and, honestly, convoluted.

This tutorial is what I'm referring to: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=410121#p410121

You basically obtain the PKG files for the PS1 games from Media Go, copy those PKGs somewhere safe, then install them on your PSP using Media Go as well. Once that's done, you can access the licenses from the PSPs file system to your PC, install those PKGs you copied from Media Go onto your Vita using the PKG Installer and QCMA (in IDU mode, outside it won't work), then transfer the license files from the PSP that you copied to the Vita's PSPemu folder.

It's how I got the Spyro trilogy on my US PSN Vita when Henkaku first released, and it still works just fine now.

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your tutorial is extremely long-winded and, honestly, convoluted.

This tutorial is what I'm referring to: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=410121#p410121

You basically obtain the PKG files for the PS1 games from Media Go, copy those PKGs somewhere safe, then install them on your PSP using Media Go as well. Once that's done, you can access the licenses from the PSPs file system to your PC, install those PKGs you copied from Media Go onto your Vita using the PKG Installer and QCMA (in IDU mode, outside it won't work), then transfer the license files from the PSP that you copied to the Vita's PSPemu folder.

It's how I got the Spyro trilogy on my US PSN Vita when Henkaku first released, and it still works just fine now.

Okay I've found my PSP and loaded it with the forbidden games. Do I still need media go or can I simply copy the memstick content over to my desktop?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I tried not to leave anything out even with my descriptions of things. I also included how to change the icon and graphics as well as text in and out of adrenaline, ark, etc. it's only convoluted, as u say, because it's detailed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself