Tutorial  Updated

How to transplant savedata (system and user) from other switches

All firmware versions, guide here, kinda obsolete now that we have ChoiDujour which does this as the first step automatically:
https://pastebin.com/hXs4VCgs

Lets you transplant savedata as raw files (including system savedata) which means you can recover these consoles by using other people's firmware/partition images (restored with proper BIS keys, of course), except for PRODINFO/PRODINFOF which is absolutely console specific and you should never replace.
It also means you can get fakenews installed on your 1.0.0 console without PPT JPN, simply by replacing your SYSTEM:/save/8000000000000090 file with a friend's who already has it (make sure to back yours up first) using HacDiskMount after mounting SYSTEM partition, then launching 1.0.0 using Hekate and this FS.kip1 patch applied, using the fake news entry to launch the browser and install fake news AGAIN via pegaswitch, which should fix the CMAC so you don't have to boot using Hekate anymore.

Last edited by rajkosto,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
It isn't really related to this but I can't connect to my pc, I make a connection with the DNS pegaswitch says to and it fails and has no wifi strength

obtainr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi could someone please help me too, my switch doesn't boot up just keeps saying error now and the keys file keeps being the wrong file like the other poster.

I have matched exactly all the requirements but still generates that broken keys.txt like this format
Deriving keys...
--
All derivable keys (using loaded sources):
secure_boot_key = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
tsec_key = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
encrypted_keyblob_00

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Everyone should hold off on attempting this save game method until either it gets fixed and we can dump a proper keys.txt or keys.ini file

obtainr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@rajkosto could you guide us to how to use chodujoir? I am stuck having the same issues as rhe other 2 and 3 people.
I tried dumping the keys again still same problems

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
still waiting for my jig to arrive sunday and follow this guide on my 1.0

i saw someone mention a new guide or a new route.

could you guide me to it, one of the people who managed to get fake news installed.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm struggling to get pegaswitch to connect to install fakenews, got it all set up in a virtual machine with ubuntu but the dns it gives me does nothing for the switch, i can access the pegaswitch page if i type 128.0.x.x into my computers browser but it's like it isn't broadcasting because the switch doesn't respond

obtainr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm struggling to get pegaswitch to connect to install fakenews, got it all set up in a virtual machine with ubuntu but the dns it gives me does nothing for the switch, i can access the pegaswitch page if i type 128.0.x.x into my computers browser but it's like it isn't broadcasting because the switch doesn't respond
So I am guessing you managed to get your correct keys.txt/ini in the correct format using hactool.exe?

Well you have hit another brickwall now which is the getting a pegaswitch webserver up. I am having a similar problem But yours is easily identifiable because you're getting a loopback address hence you did not add network card into your vmware virtual machine. If you did and you added a bridge network interface and set it up DHCP it'll get a dhcp from your main router.
So do that and you should get a similar number to your real pc which could easily be pinged on all sides eg Virtual PC to Switch to router to main pc make sure pings all work amongst each other and disable firewalls if you notice blocks. That would be network 101.

Let me discuss more with the creators and find a exact issue before proceeding please do not follow this guide for anyone else n if you don't make a proper backup you might get a temp brick.

Last edited by obtainr,

SocraticBliss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://github.com/reswitched/pegaswitch

1) Are you using a VM or are you on your PC?
2) If using a VM, ensure that the IP address of the VM is bridged with your host PC's current Ethernet connection, otherwise your switch won't be able to connect to it.
3) If you have Port 53, 80, or 8100 is currently being used errors -> kill/stop the SharedAccess / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service via Services.msc or Task Manager.
4) Ensure the IP address you are given via PegaSwitch is within your LAN range (i.e. most likely within 192.168.1.X with subnet 255.255.255.0)
5) If it isn't, disable the unused Network Adapters on your Host PC then try again.
6) Once PegaSwitch gives you an IP address in your LAN range, try and input that IP address in your DNS settings of your Switch.
7) If you cannot connect, disable your Firewall on the Host PC then try again.

obtainr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can people hold off till I diagnose all the issues with @SocraticBliss.

There are quite a lot of hurdle issues even getting to stage two so best if everyone just waited bit more till I can confirm the pegaswitch vm server can communicate with our 1.0 modified switch
And @SocriatiBliss works out the problem why keys.txt are not properly generated using hactool.exe

Bear in mind that most software now are either a POC or are in beta stages and when running more complex dpending on lots of other services, repos and different versions of software, you will most likely run into a few problems. So if you're not comfortable with VM, Command line, scripting, compiling I will defintely hold off till a more streamlined easier to use 1-2 click solution.
Or even when someone hosts a pegaswitch server online with the latest version and having that fakenews script on it.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Firefox works through the virtual machine so it is getting a connection
The terminal gives me 192.168.0.15 (which going to that address in firefox shows me the pegaswitch page) but changing the Switch DNS to that always fails trying to connect and I've never seen a single message in either REPL or the Debug Log on the VM

SocraticBliss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firefox works through the virtual machine so it is getting a connection
The terminal gives me 192.168.0.15 (which going to that address in firefox shows me the pegaswitch page) but changing the Switch DNS to that always fails trying to connect and I've never seen a single message in either REPL or the Debug Log on the VM

Can you try running pegaswitch on your regular PC?

Get on an WiFi network with your PC.

Install node.js in Windows, python 2.7.15, then issue the command...

npm install

After that, kill the ICS service, turn off the Windows firewall, do the command...

node start.js --logfile log.txt

If on 1.0.0...

node start.js --webapplet --logfile log.txt

Then on your switch, connect to the same WiFi network, then put in the IP address in the DNS portion and let it finish attempting to connect to the network.

Then open the FakeNews applet and you should see pegaswitch on the switch :)

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can you try running pegaswitch on your regular PC?

Get on an WiFi network with your PC.

Install node.js in Windows, python 2.7.15, then issue the command...

npm install

After that, kill the ICS service, turn off the Windows firewall, do the command...

node start.js --logfile log.txt

If on 1.0.0...

node start.js --webapplet --logfile log.txt

Then on your switch, connect to the same WiFi network, then put in the IP address in the DNS portion and let it finish attempting to connect to the network.

Then open the FakeNews applet and you should see pegaswitch on the switch :)

Now it fails after a long time, and opening pegaswitch through news has a black screen with a spinning circle when on the virtual machine it would just page could not be displayed instantly , but still not working. Says could not perform DNS name resolution

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)