How to transfer Pokémon Firered save (or pokemons only?) on an Emulator to a legit cartridge.

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Jihad, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jihad
    OP

Jihad Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2013
    Saudi Arabia
    Hi,

I'm kinda new pokemon player, and i tried pokemon redfire on an emulator, legit play, no cheats. I've ranked 70+ hours and leveled a lot of pokemons and so on.

I've read that i could transfer my pokemons up to Pokemon Black 2. (through emerald or ruby).. and eventually to pokemon X\y (through poke transfer bank service i guess).

The problem is my save file is on an emulator, and i could manage to get a DS (with GBA cartage) and Pokemon fire red cartridge. Can i make my emulator .sav file work on the cartridge as if i started playing originally on it?

I think i have two options.. (1) Run my emulator save data on a fire red legit cartridge and start the long pokemon transfer up to black 2 from it.

(2) Just (in a way or an other) start transfer pokemon from an emulator to a legit gen III game first then to bl2.

Note: i have a DS and DStwo flash cart and 3DS.

The verdict :P: How can i play on pokemon fire red cartridge with an -already started- fire red emulator save data as if i started my game on the cartridge from the first place.

Thanks! :(

Edit: Pokemon is a great game and i'd support it by buying the legit copy.. but it's not selling any more and the second hand market has some VERY ridiculous prices for it. And i didn't know that my friend has one then.

2. user64

user64 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    Canada
  3. Jihad
    OP

Jihad Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2013
    Saudi Arabia
  4. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    If you don't really care about getting your save file on a retail cartridge, you could save quite a bit of money by just getting a retail copy of any Gen. V game + a Slot-1 flashcard and transfer the Pokémon from the Gen. III save file to a Gen. IV save using DeSmuME, then using PokéGen to extract the Pokémon and Pokécheck to convert them to Gen. V format.

Then you'll be able to trade them to the retail copy of any Gen. V game and transfer them with the PokéBank when that comes out.

5. Jihad
    OP

Jihad Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2013
    Saudi Arabia

Oh great. So i googled slot-1 flashcard, and no specific card showed up.. so i guess it's a general name for a certain type of flash cards? Does DStwo flashcard considered a slot-1 or its enough? or there's a card called slot-1? and if there's one if you could link it to me. Thanks!

BTW: Pokémon fire red is considered Gen. III? not 1? (since the first step you wrote is to move Gen III to Gen IV.)

6. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    DSTwo is best, but a certain R4i Gold (unsure which ones, it looks like there's 14324 of those) is just as good.
    I assume you would be using a 3DS, in which case those two are your only choices.

Slot-1 is the slot where you put 3/DS games (it's written just under the slot.)

FR/LG are Gen. III remakes of the Gen. I games.

7. Jihad
    OP

Jihad Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2013
    Saudi Arabia

Oh amazing, i'll be searching the exact steps.

One last question, i heard i needed to beat the elite 4 in the Games i'll be transferring, i can easily use any -other people save data- where they finished it to the point they can transfer pokemons? or there is some consequences for doing that? Because i don't plan on beating a whole couple pokemon games :( red fire, black2 then hopefully X.

Now -correct me if wrong- i just have to move them to a Gen IV game on an emulator.. Then use the two softwares to get them into a retail Pokémon Black 2 for example. and let them sleep there until the bank is up. And just hope that the bank doesn't flag them as hacked ones :(.

Thanks a lot by the way! I'd do a tutorial if every thing worked fine!

8. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    It's ok, I was going to merge the two threads, but I didn't want to confuse things for you. I'll close this now though and please use the other thread -here- for further discussion if necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.