Hacking How to transfer O3DSXL to N3DSXL???

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DSXL on Luma with 11.5 FW (all good and working). I have a 128GB mSD and lots of games and save data.

I would like to trade in this unit for an upgrade to N3DSXL. However, I will not have both at same time.

How do I backup and transfer it to the new one and not lose any savedata or Mii progress??

Is there an easier way than just backing up save data onto storage and re-installing everything?

Suggestions are welcome.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an O3DSXL on Luma with 11.5 FW (all good and working). I have a 128GB mSD and lots of games and save data.

I would like to trade in this unit for an upgrade to N3DSXL. However, I will not have both at same time.

How do I backup and transfer it to the new one and not lose any savedata or Mii progress??

Is there an easier way than just backing up save data onto storage and re-installing everything?

Suggestions are welcome.
Unless ya can transfer the system right at the store, you basically are looking at using a save manager to save everything and re-installing and restoring saves and games.

Reactions: Osmosis

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So go backup everything. Got it.

Is it possible to backup Mii games and progress? Hate to have to start all over again...

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know.

Is it possible to just dump all titles ext, save, and boss data at once?

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, all my savedata has been backed up. Yes, JKSaves did the trick. Even went back in and backed up MiiPlaza etc.

Now I would like to dump .3DS roms (not.CIA) for Sky3DS purposes. Also need private headers (Blue Button). Do I just use GodMode9 to copy the .3ds file from cart? Found how to dump as .CIA, but don't want that.

I have tried to update Luma to 8.1, and keep getting the infamous incompatible update warning. Still on 7.1.1

Yet when I hold start during bootup I get GodMode9. Nor does my Download Play app work when I try to follow instructions.

I had previously updated from A9LH to GodMode9 and my FW is on 11.5. Help?

Eventually I would like to downgrade the firmware back to 11.3 and then reset the system so there are no more traces of CFW. Allowing someone else to easily hack the O3DSXL if they choose to. Only problem is... how do I do this?

Last edited by Osmosis,
Reactions: LameNobody

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, all my savedata has been backed up. Yes, JKSaves did the trick. Even went back in and backed up MiiPlaza etc.

Now I would like to dump .3DS roms (not.CIA) for Sky3DS purposes. Also need private headers (Blue Button). Do I just use GodMode9 to copy the .3ds file from cart? Found how to dump as .CIA, but don't want that.

I have tried to update Luma to 8.1, and keep getting the infamous incompatible update warning. Still on 7.1.1

Yet when I hold start during bootup I get GodMode9. Nor does my Download Play app work when I try to follow instructions.

I had previously updated from A9LH to GodMode9 and my FW is on 11.5. Help?

Eventually I would like to downgrade the firmware back to 11.3 and then reset the system so there are no more traces of CFW. Allowing someone else to easily hack the O3DSXL if they choose to. Only problem is... how do I do this?
Follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s
Why would you want to uninstall CFW? You could download the 11.3 cias from 3DNUS and install using sysupdater. Then follow https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did read and follow the B9S update guide. Problem is, when I hold START on boot GodMode9 loads. Not SafeB9SInstaller. Worst part is, I copied the Cleanup_SD-Card file to the proper SCRIPTS folder and it doesn't show on HOME menu in GM9.

I am looking at Luma/Payloads/ folder and both GodMode9 and SafeB9SInstaller are there. Should I delete GM9, reboot and see if it loads SafeB9SInstaller?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I did read and follow the B9S update guide. Problem is, when I hold START on boot GodMode9 loads. Not SafeB9SInstaller. Worst part is, I copied the Cleanup_SD-Card file to the proper SCRIPTS folder and it doesn't show on HOME menu in GM9.

I am looking at Luma/Payloads/ folder and both GodMode9 and SafeB9SInstaller are there. Should I delete GM9, reboot and see if it loads SafeB9SInstaller?
Probably what happened is you have Luma 8.1.1 on your SD card, but you have B9S 1.0 so it is loading the 7.1 from CTR-NAND. And on CTR-NAND the only payload you have is GodMode9. So, download Luma 7.1 (https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases) and put it on your SD card (replacing the one you have), and try again.

Reactions: Lacius

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**huggies KunoichiZ**

**pets QuantumCat**
:rofl2:
That fixed it!!!! So awesome you two... thnX!!! :bow:

Ok, I replaced it like firmly instructed. Booted up while holding START. GodMode9 popped up, and then prompted to do backup essentials. When finished, I was able to go to Scripts and everything is there.

So... what should I do now?? Setup_ctrnand_luma3ds?? cleanup_sd_card??? Reboot and try Luma Updater again?

Hrm... LumaUpdater still gives error. GodMode9 Explorer @ v1.3.1.

And my SD card is a mess...

LumaUpdater v2.2:
Payload type: SIGHAX
Payload Path: /boot.firm
Backup Payload: YES

Current Installed Version: 7.1-c73fec4
Current Backup Version: 7.1
Latest Version (Github): 8.1.1

Install Stable Version

UPDATED FAILED
Incompatible Update
update to boot9strap first
FATAL
incompatible update path, aborting...

Last edited by Osmosis,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**huggies KunoichiZ**

**pets QuantumCat**
:rofl2:
That fixed it!!!! So awesome you two... thnX!!! :bow:

Ok, I replaced it like firmly instructed. Booted up while holding START. GodMode9 popped up, and then prompted to do backup essentials. When finished, I was able to go to Scripts and everything is there.

So... what should I do now?? Setup_ctrnand_luma3ds?? cleanup_sd_card??? Reboot and try Luma Updater again?

Hrm... LumaUpdater still gives error. GodMode9 Explorer @ v1.3.1.

And my SD card is a mess...
Luma Updater is supposed to block updates from Luma v7.1. You have not followed all of what Quantumcat said to do. She gave you a link to update boot9strap. You need to do that to update Luma. Follow this post again.
Follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s
Why would you want to uninstall CFW? You could download the 11.3 cias from 3DNUS and install using sysupdater. Then follow https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re-followed updating B9S instructions. After running SafeB9SInstaller, and heading on to Section II, I hold START during boot and I get:
AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED:
Unsupported launcher (argc=0).
Press any button to shut down

Last edited by Osmosis,

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8.1.1 worked. Booted back into CFW.

Rebooted, chainloader working. SafeBB9SInstaller or GodMode9.

What next?

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll do that eventually. Uninstall will happen after I downgrade FW.

So just run sd_cleanup? Run Luma Updater?

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...

Change of plans. I bought a N3DSXL today. Still have my O3DSXL on CFW.

Bad news:

N3DSXL is 11.4 FW (still stock, unhacked)

So... now what? I went through guide, and what I understand is I either cart update to 11.6 and then DSi install, or I go buy an R4i and do it that way.

I do have some tools which might come in handy:

Sky3DS (blue button)
DSTwo (non plus version)
GateWay Red and Blue carts
And several retail games:
SmashBros
Metroid Samus Returns
Pokemon...

So what is my best option to CFW the N3DSXL and then transfer from old to new?

Of course I'll need a 128gb mSD for the transfer considering old has 128gb. But for now I am going to use a 32gb in N3DSXL until CFW is installed.

Not too thrilled with hardmodding. I could... but not excited about doing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1