How to transfer my Black 2 sav on a flashcart to a retail cart?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by hvsep, Dec 19, 2013.

1. hvsep
    OP

hvsep GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    So in prep for Pokebank I wanna transfer my Pokemon to a retail cart (yeah they're all legit, no cheats were used in my playthrough)

I've read that this is possible, but I have no clue how this can actually be done. Something about using a FTP server? I'm just confused how the process works, and I've googled around but not really found anything.

2. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
  3. CompassNorth

CompassNorth Denko (´・ω・`)

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    DS Backup Gold should do the trick, but I'm not entirely sure.
    [​IMG]

4. Aiming_Device

Aiming_Device Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2013
    If you have a slot-1, Slot-2 (3 in 1) and a DS lite you can use this backup tool mentioned on:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...-your-retail-cartridge-save-file-for-DS-games.

It allows you to transfer a flash cart save into a retail cart, and yes even though it doesn't mention it, it does work with B & W 2. It even allows you to transfer a White 2 save into a Black 2 retail cart and vice versa. I find this method simpler than using the FTP method that Chaldron mentioned in the link he provided.

5. ResleyZ

ResleyZ Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    I've also been trying to get this working. I can connect to the FTP server, but when I select Restore I dont see any .sav files. It seems the program isn't finding any directories. I've set directories with users so I'm kinda at a loss here.

When trying to backup a save, to see where the save would be stored, I get an error which says that writing is not enabled, even though it is.

6. tall guy

tall guy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    Belgium
    can i with the 'nds backup adapter plus' transfer my pokemon black2 rom savefile on the real pokemon black2 cartridge?

7. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    I just did this very thing a couple of days ago. I used a DS lite with a CycloDS Evolution and an EZ Flash 3-in-1; I ran savegame manager 0.3.0 RC1 and didn't have any problems. I have no idea if it works well with FTP though, and I couldn't get that app to load at all on my DSTWO.

8. ResleyZ

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    Got it working using a FTP Server on my Note 2. Made a local wireless network and connected my DS Lite to it, which worked fine. Had to change some settings in the .ini of the homebrew but it works great. Now I won't have to spend ages on trading every pokemon.

9. tall guy

tall guy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    Belgium
    Kan je me stap voor stap uitleggen hoe je dat gedaan hebt? Dank bij voorbaat.resleyz

10. ResleyZ

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    I'll sent a PM.

11. tall guy

tall guy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    Belgium
    Ok,bedankt!