Apple How to transfer music to an iPhone 3GS with Cydia?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,994
  • Replies 9
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
So I looked up on Google and apparently they only suggest 'Bridge' which is about downloading music from YouTube but I already have my own catalogue of tunes and would like to transfer them to the iPhone. I've tried iTunes and a good chunk of "transfer music without iTunes" but those didn't work either.

Thought about FTP but can someone help me out how I'd use it on the device?

Reactions: yuyuyup

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Install PwnTunes. It lets you copy files from computer via USB in explorer. Just place your files to music folder.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
That's strange, because I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS (latest FW), and it shows up in iTunes just fine :unsure:

Are you sure your iPhone even connects to your computer properly?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
That's strange, because I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS (latest FW), and it shows up in iTunes just fine :unsure:

Are you sure your iPhone even connects to your computer properly?
I've connected this iPhone before and now I have this issue. Not sure the prob is the cable.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please don't take this the wrong way but any $20-$30 rooted android is INFINITELY better for copying/playing music, usually an SD expansion, widgets/button controls mapped for pause skip etc/ ability to have many MP3 Players going at once so you can easily switch between songs and switch back, etc etc. I do not recommend giving up playing mp3s on your iphone frivolously, I have an ipod touch 5th generation jailbroken and it's BULLSHIT compared to the wide breadth of capabilities on a CHEAPO android (but get one with at least 1 gig ram.)

Last edited by yuyuyup,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Please don't take this the wrong way but any $20-$30 rooted android is INFINITELY better for copying/playing music, usually an SD expansion, widgets/button controls mapped for pause skip etc/ ability to have many MP3 Players going at once so you can easily switch between songs and switch back, etc etc. I do not recommend giving up playing mp3s on your iphone frivolously, I have an ipod touch 5th generation jailbroken and it's BULLSHIT compared to the wide breadth of capabilities on a CHEAPO android (but get one with at least 1 gig ram.)
I got the phone for free but since I wasn't aware it was jailbreak'd the iTunes program bricked it so it wasn't so free at this point, but I digress, all's I'll use the phone for will be calls, photos and music.

The cables I have might be at fault so I'll order one from eBay. Tired of doing everything and the darn cable/phone not doing as intended.

Reactions: yuyuyup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol