How to transfer/move music from within the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by jazvdb, May 1, 2011.

May 1, 2011
  1. jazvdb
    OP

Member jazvdb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Scenario is i downloaded music off a mobile web browser (atomic web browser) on the iphone, how do i transfer them to the ipod?

Btw im jailbroken

2. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    Use iFile to go into your User Applications directory, and find the Atomic Web Browser folder. The music will be in there.

3. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can't really do that, as in make them appear on the ipod's music player, ifile will play them, however to import them you'll have to run a separate app called mewseek (it's called that I believe), it's in Cydia.

Or you can SSH into your phone, pull the music off your phone and then upload the music to itunes.

Wynd

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Like they've said, you have to gain access to your phone's filesystem somehow. On the phone itself, iFile is your best (if not only) option. When connected to your computer via a USB cable, you've got a few options. I personally prefer iPhone Folders though I don't believe it's been updated to work with anything past iTunes 9, so the next most popular choice seems to be iDiskAid. It should let you navigate your filesystem and copy files to and from your device.

Wirelessly, you can use WinSCP as long as your computer and iPhone are connected to the same wireless network. If you do this (which requires you to have OpenSSH installed), the default password is "alpine" but you should change that immediately if at all possible. There are tutorials online to help you with that.

Official apps all have long complex folder names. If your program doesn't show you the icon for the app, then I would suggest using SBSettings. In its "More" menu, you can select an app and have it show you the exact folder name where it resides. You can use that with iDiskAid or WinSCP to find the folder for Atomic Web Browser which is where your downloaded file should be somewhere.

5. singlebrown

Newcomer singlebrown Newbie

United States
    Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cord and open iTunes if it does not openautomatically. Click the device icon for your iPod in the left column of the iTunes application window.

• Step 2: Click the "Music" tab and check the "Sync Music" box. Click "Apply" to sync your iPhone. iTunes will automatically import purchased music from your iPhone into the "Purchased on iPhone" playlist. Click the "Eject" icon next to your iPhone's device icon and disconnect your iPhone.

• Step 3: Connect your iPod to your computer and click the device icon when it appears in iTunes. If you have the automatic management and updating feature enabled, click "Sync" to sync your iPhone and import all new music in your iTunes library, including the music imported from your iPhone. If you have the manual management feature enabled, proceed to the next step.

• Step 4: Select the music from your iPhone you want to import from your iPod. You can import music purchased on your iPhone or music in your iTunes library you have previously imported to your iPhone. Use the "Shift" key to select songs in a row or the "Command" key to select songs that are not next to each other.

• Step 5: Click your selected songs and, still holding your mouse click, drag them to your iPod's device icon. Release your mouse to drop your songs into your iPod's music library when you see the green "+" symbol. To add music to a specific playlist, drag and drop your songs directly into the playlist. Click "Apply" to sync your iPod and save your changes.

Besides,there is a article about transferring iPhone music to iPod on PC, which can help you move music from iPhone to iPod.
    Hope this helps, it happened to me as-well.

6. Kouen Hasuki

Member Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Norway
    Sharepod?

7. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    You can use a Cydia app called Bridge. It import music, ringtones, videos, podcasts, and more.

Hikaru likes this.