GCN How to Transfer GameCube Saves/Blocks from Nintendont & GameCube Memory Card on to Dolphin Emulator?

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey do you know if it also works in reverse? The same raw file I transferred to Dolphin I want to put it onto a GameCube Memory Card (any or has to be the same one?)

All right, so I tested out all the suggestions you guys gave me and here are the results, (this may help out other users with the same problem as well):

1. Nintendont (Transferring .raw GameCube Save Files to PC/Dolphin):

- Method Status: Works! :yay:

Following @The Real Jdbye suggestion, I went to my PC, inserted my USB, (which contained my GameCube ISOs and .raw files), opened up the Dolphin emulator, and navigated towards: Tools --> Memcard Manager (GC) --> Browse --> and selected Dolphins default memory card, (MemoryCardA.USA.raw). I then used the second memory card slot, (slot B) to browse for the corresponding .raw file, (used Animal Crossing as a test example). After that, I imported the .raw save file as a GCI save; clicking, "Convert to GCI". Tested it out and it worked!

2. GameCube Memory Cards (Transferring Blocks/Saves to PC/Dolphin):

- Method Status: Works! :yay:

After @Sonic Angel Knight gave me his suggestion on using GCMM, I manually installed it and opened it up via the Homebrew Channel. Then, I inserted my memory cards and pressed y/- to backup/copy my save data on to my SD card. Once the backup was complete, I ejected my SD card from my Wii, inserted it on to my PC, opened up Dolphin, and navigated towards: Tools --> Memcard Manager (GC) --> Browse --> and selected Dolphins default memory card, (MemoryCardA.USA.raw). After that, I clicked on, "<- Import GCI" and went to the SD card directory: :/MCBACKUP to select my .cgi file. Tested it out and it worked as well!

Found a video after testing it out if anyone needs help with this method visually:

3. Homebrew Browser Sever Connection Error:

- Method Status: Did not work! :unsure:

Keeps coming up with this error; even on the latest version from WiiBrew - @Sonic Angel Knight:
HomebrewBrowserError.jpg

4. About Wii & WiiWare Games:
- Can you transfer save files from Wii and WiiWare games to Dolphin as well?
nintendo-wii-icon.png

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey do you know if it also works in reverse? The same raw file I transferred to Dolphin I want to put it onto a GameCube Memory Card (any or has to be the same one?)
You should be able to use dolphin's Memory Card Manager, to inject save data into the gamecube.raw file. Then just use the homebrew on wii/gamecube to copy the raw file back to the memory card. :ninja:

Reactions: laz305

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1