Hacking How to transfer game to Vita on older firmware?

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks, so I'm trying to install TN-V on a second-hand Vita (3.51 FW) that I just purchased and it just occurred to me, how can I transfer my game to the newly-bought Vita if the Content Manager requires the Vita to be in the latest firmware?

I found a method in Wololo that doesnt require an exploitable game (although if this is method no longer working for some reason, I don't mind buying an exploitable game) to install TN-V, just any base psp game would do and it just so happens that I bought Jeanne D Arc a year ago and I still have it on my PS3. Thing is, I cannot transfer the Jeanne D Arc from the ps3 to the Vita without updating my software (since its 3.51) Anyone mind helping a clueless bro out?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to use VitaUpdateBlocker. That will enable you to transfer the game from the PS3 to the Vita.

A smaller base game is probably better, you don't need to use Jeanne D'Arc.

Reactions: vendettared

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you install QCMA on your computer, it's pretty easy.
Just connect your Vita to your PC via QCMA, then unplug the USB cable, and plug it straight into the PS3. It'll then let you copy content without having to be on the latest firmware ^^

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to use VitaUpdateBlocker. That will enable you to transfer the game from the PS3 to the Vita.

A smaller base game is probably better, you don't need to use Jeanne D'Arc.

Only the VitaUpdateBlocker is needed? I dont need QCMA? Also, the only other PSP games I bought from the PSP store are Summon Night 6 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 and I think they pretty much have the same size as Jeanne D Arc. Is there a reason why a smaller base game is better?

If you install QCMA on your computer, it's pretty easy.
Just connect your Vita to your PC via QCMA, then unplug the USB cable, and plug it straight into the PS3. It'll then let you copy content without having to be on the latest firmware ^^

Do I still need VitaUpdate Blocker to use QCMA?

Also, can you be more specific with how to use QCMA? I've actually tried this before but it the PS3 still requires my Vita 3.51 to update its software.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do I still need VitaUpdate Blocker to use QCMA?

Also, can you be more specific with how to use QCMA? I've actually tried this before but it the PS3 still requires my Vita 3.51 to update its software.
Assuming you have a Vita and not a PSTV, you won't need an Update Blocker.
1) Connect your Vita to PC via QCMA
- If the Vita can't connect, uninstall Sony CMA if you have that installed, and reinstall QCMA.
- If the Vita still says it needs to update, put it in Aeroplane Mode, restart the system and try again

2) Unplug the Vita from the PC
- Don't dismiss the error dialogue. I can't actually remember if you have to keep the dialogue up, but I always have, and it works.

3) Plug the Vita into the PS3
- Dismiss the error dialogue now, and connect to the PS3 via USB

That should work. Let me know if you run into issues, and where they are ^^

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Only the VitaUpdateBlocker is needed? I dont need QCMA? Also, the only other PSP games I bought from the PSP store are Summon Night 6 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 and I think they pretty much have the same size as Jeanne D Arc. Is there a reason why a smaller base game is better?

I've never used the QCMA method. Using QCMA and using VUB are both different ways of achieving the same thing.

It saves space on your memory card. Storage is expensive on the Vita. If you have the opportunity to use a PSP demo that would work too, but very few can be downloaded to the PS3 and transferred to the Vita. The options available depend on your PSN region.

Reactions: Scarlet

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Scarlet Kohaku
You are awesome, thanks for being detailed. Two more questions though:

EDIT: Ha, got it working! Had to install Zadig to replace the driver, now I'm finally transfering VC2 on my Vita. Thanks for the help!

@metroid maniac
Ah I see, I thought there was a different underlying reason besides than saving storage, at any rate, thanks for the info man!

Last edited by vendettared,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Scarlet Kohaku
You are awesome, thanks for being detailed. Two more questions though:

1) How do you uninstall Sony CMA (I think I've done something similar with a phone gone awry before but I dont remember how I did it)? On the Device Manager? I will really appreciate another specificity with these steps haha. I think this is the problem that has prevented my PC from recognizing the Vita properly.
2) How do I know if the Vita is connected to the QCMA? Does it say Vita is connected like Content Manager of Sony (a notification says "name of Vita" is connected)?

@metroid maniac
Ah I see, I thought there was a different underlying reason besides than saving storage, at any rate, thanks for the info man!
Sony CMA is an app on your PC that can conflict with QCMA. Just uninstall it through Control Panel like any other application.
You can tell it's connected to the PC because you'll have the option to access your PC files.

Blizzzilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Connect your Vita to PC via QCMA
- If the Vita can't connect, uninstall Sony CMA if you have that installed, and reinstall QCMA.
- If the Vita still says it needs to update, put it in Aeroplane Mode, restart the system and try again

2) Unplug the Vita from the PC
- Don't dismiss the error dialogue. I can't actually remember if you have to keep the dialogue up, but I always have, and it works.

3) Plug the Vita into the PS3
- Dismiss the error dialogue now, and connect to the PS3 via USB

That should work. Let me know if you run into issues, and where they are ^^

I downloaded the PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe demo on my PS3, but I can't transfer it to my Vita. Did Sony fix it? I can connect my Vita (FW3.60 without any mods) to my PC with QCMA and then connect it to my PS3 without getting the update message. But when I go to the list of PSP games the Vita tells me that "There are no content items."

Blizzzilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I've said, I don't get the "You must update the system software" message when I connect my Vita to my PS3, but I also don't see the game I downloaded.

Edit: It works for Lemmings (full game), but not for the PixelJunk demo. :/
Edit2: For some reason the demo only works on a PSP. Only the full version is Vita compatible. *sigh*
Edit3: This only applies to the EU PSN. The US version of the demo is Vita compatible. >.<

Last edited by Blizzzilla,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0