How to transfer a save to Pokemon HG/SS Retail Cart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by JohnnyBlaze1986, Jul 27, 2010.

1. JohnnyBlaze1986
    OP

JohnnyBlaze1986 FUCK GBATEMP!

Banned
    Aug 10, 2009
    United States
    Your mother's bedroom
    I have an EZ Flash Vi and since with the new firmware/kernal, I finally got cheats to work, I'm trying to put my save from the flash card on to a Heart Gold and Soul Silver retail cart. Is there any homebrew available that would do this? I believe that the US cart uses a 1MB save and Pokesav IS compatible with that kind of save which is why I'm asking...

2. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Getting the savefile off of a HG/SS retail cart is hard enough, but can be done.
    As for getting the savefile back into a retail cart, that's another issue.

The only thing I can really suggest is that you buy an NDS adaptor plus, it's the only thing that can easily manage HG/SS retail carts.
    http://www.hkems.com/product/nintendo/0907.htm

3. Rascal

Rascal GBAtemp Fan

Apr 23, 2008
    United States
    I concur with RupeeClock. I purchased the original NDS Backup Adaptor back in the day especially for Pokemon Platinum. The NDS Backup Adaptor Plus handles HG/SS and other newer games. It's the best solution for backing up and restoring SAVs from/tom retail carts.

4. mocalacace

mocalacace GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    There is a way to successfully backup your save. You have to use this program call savhax or something I forgot, but you cant restore [​IMG]

What I did was backed up my save file, then loaded it into pokesav, modified what I wanted then made it into a cheat and activated the cheat.