How to tell if your DX DSTT is a FAKE.

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Tanas, Nov 24, 2008.

1. bulletmark

bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2007
    Thanks Count Duckula. Given your good response I've just sent off a product return email to dealextreme as well. Hopefully I get the same person process my email as you got!

2. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Someone mentioned this on the Acekard forum, and someone else responded that the silver sticker is also legitimate. I don't know if that was an "official" response or not, but it appears that both stickers are fine.

-Bri

3. k3rizz3k

k3rizz3k GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    I lodged a ticket as well, I guess we'll see what happens. I'll keep ya posted.

4. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Cheers for the info Bri, glad to hear that (hope the person who posted it is correct).

Good luck bulletmark and others, hope it works out.
    The solution(s) they posted here are not as generous, I'm not sure why I'm lucky.

Perhaps that solution is for fake/clone carts received that DO work, as mine failed within an hour or so of using it (as well as being 'fake').

5. bulletmark

Aug 14, 2007
    Hmmm yes. Damn shame you didn't tell us that little point *before* we sent our emails off to dealextreme ducky!

6. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    -I just filled out the form I linked to in my fist post (as the DX site tells you to do if incorrect item is received). Submitting the form probably emails them but I did it via the form.

7. scootmcfly

scootmcfly Advanced Member

Sep 17, 2006
    United States
    Hello all. I ordered a DSTT from dealextreme on 11/21/08 and received it today (rather quick if you ask me). Anyways, I took it a part and compared it to pics Tanas posted here and good news, its real. [​IMG] So, I think dealextreme is trying to be honorable and making sure that they are now shipping only real DSTT's. Just my 2cents. Thanks. Scootmcfly

8. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Which SKU did you order?

9. bulletmark

Aug 14, 2007
    xist, I don't think it matters which sku you order. There is a risk you will get a fake anyhow. In the last 2 weeks, I ordered 2 by sku 15613 (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15613) which is supposed to be guaranteed and checked to be genuine but I got 2 fakes.

10. scootmcfly

scootmcfly Advanced Member

Sep 17, 2006
    United States
    SKU 15613. Hope that helps.

11. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Well for what it's worth that's the one with the best record of the bunch lately. Well fingers crossed i get a refund...

12. veemon147

veemon147 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2008
    United States
    Just got mine today... I have to say, the quality seems pretty shoddy even for a fake.

[​IMG]

Check out the board below the contacts and the divot at the top. sku.15613, btw, ordered 11/14. I'll be filing an Item Defective complaint shortly.

13. Pado

Pado GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2005
    Netherlands
    The Holy Land
    I just received my DSTT card from dx (sku.15613), ordered on 21/11/08. It's a white one and guess what ? xD... it's real [​IMG]. I opened the case up, it had the new PCB version as shown here http://www.ndstt.com/en/anti_fake.html and works fine so far with the 1.16 firmware.

14. supermoose

supermoose Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    This is the same one i had it works fine with 1.15 but 1.16 killed it

15. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008

I just got 10 of these cards and 4 are gone already because of 1.16 - i checked the rest and they are all fake so i sent in a request to deal extreme about it and im waiting on a reply.
    If i put the rest to 1.15 will they be ok ?

I know people use them on 1.15 but im wondering if it works ok on that version for definate ? any issues at all ?

Thanks guys.

16. Tanas
    OP

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    Veemon, can you post a picture of the SD Slot, I want to compare it to a real card. Ta.

17. TakeMeOut

TakeMeOut Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    I ordered mine on the 28th so I will see if they are now sending legit ones. But for 7 bucks you can't beat it.

18. evilishan

evilishan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    Holsworthy, Sydney, Australia
    The actual chip once i open my DSTT's are real, however of the two, one is black shell of DSTT, one is white.
    Are any of mine fake?

19. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
  20. Deathmore

Deathmore GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2008
    London
    Id like to state that my theory is indeed correct as the left slot ones recently stopped production and are on sale as confirmed by NDSTT just editted thery're image:
    http://www.ndstt.com/en/images/new_tt_en_large.jpg

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted