How to tell if you are in rednand?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ihateu3, Nov 22, 2016.

1. ihateu3
    OP

ihateu3 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    I have followed a mixture of guides, dumped my nand and prepared the SD card. I am able to use cfwbooter, and it resets the wii and I get an "iosuhax" or something like that splashscreen on my controller, then everything looks normal.

I was able to install the system config tools without bricking, but when I go to boot into rednand through haxchi instead of cfwbooter, I get no system config tools or haxchi icons, just corrupted icons.

I never see the red screen that others show when booting into rednand, and also I do not have any icons that say "rednand" or "sysnand"...

2. Net-KILLER

Net-KILLER computer says no

Oct 22, 2009
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    in a pineapple under the sea
    I just made a red folder named redNAND at the first page.
    If you boot to sysNAND it shouldn't appear.

Captain_N and DeadlyFoez like this.
  3. ihateu3
    OP

ihateu3 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    Well... It seems that I was somehow able to install systools to regular sysnand without bricking.. For some reason even though I was booting with cfwbooter it was not putting me in rednand, and I still cannot do so with cfwbooter, but holding down "B" while booting haxchi puts me into rednand, and where systools and haxchi normally are is now no icons with "???" if I hover over them.

4. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    ihateu2

5. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    haxchi isn't showing up in rednand because it doesn't have the proper ticket. You can dump the ticket from sysnand, and inject it into rednand

OR

you can take out your hdd, install the ds game from the eshop to rednand (thereby downloading its ticket), delete it, and plug your hdd back in. Then you will have the ticket for the ds game in rednand as well.

6. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    If in doubt, and you didn't put folders to specify redNAND as redNAND, then reboot the console and load redNAND again. Better to spend an extra minute double checking then to brick your console doing something dangerous.

7. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    You could also try installing DLC....if you're on SysNAND, it won't let you...unless things have changed....

8. ihateu3
    OP

ihateu3 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    Thanks guys. The problem was that none of the guides gave the suggestion of putting a custom folder so I could distinguish which nand I was in combined with the fact that I was not booting into rednand with cfwbooter for some reason...

I do for sure however have systools installed on sysnand without a brick, I have opened them, but am scared to mess with anything since installing them on sysnand alone is suppose to brick you. I thought I was in rednand when installing them, but nope..