Hacking [How-To] Switch from PBT/Pasta/Palantine CFW to rxTools (sig. patched)

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. If you have a ds flashcart : Just execute the gw_installer (you can find it on the gateway site) with it and follow the instructions

I don't want to mess anything up before doing this mset profile exploit. Does this wipe anything off the micro sd card by using the GW Installer.nds file? I have a bunch of stuff on the micro sd card & don't want to lose it. I'll back up everything up just in case though. Thanks!

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I'm thinking about upgrading from 4.5 Pasta to this. Looking at the guide from this thread ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...xtools-sig-patched.390624/page-7#post-5533387 ) I'd just need to do the last two steps, create emuNAND and set up everything for rxTools. However I'm currently using my DS flashcard to run the Gateway MSET exploit (for Pasta) and I'd want to use that instead of the browser exploit for rxTools as well. I believe I read you can't use the Gateway .nds file for this but a specific one for rxTools, where can I get that? In that case I believe I wouldn't need the code.bin file and would just skip steps from 5 through 7

5. Download "webMultiloader.exe" from https://gbatemp.net/threads/beta-spider-ds-profile-roploader-4-x-only.380725/page-14#post-5434311
6. Run "webMultiloader.exe" and select option 5. It'll create a code.bin file; place that on the root of your SD card.
7. This will re-flash the mset exploit to work directly with rxTools. You want that. Insert SD card in 3DS, launch mini-camera again, scan this QR code:
1434033156-generate.png

- Same thing as when first installing mset will happen: screen flashes, then hard reset

and just launch the exploit from the flashcard instead?

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thinking about upgrading from 4.5 Pasta to this. Looking at the guide from this thread ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...xtools-sig-patched.390624/page-7#post-5533387 ) I'd just need to do the last two steps, create emuNAND and set up everything for rxTools. However I'm currently using my DS flashcard to run the Gateway MSET exploit (for Pasta) and I'd want to use that instead of the browser exploit for rxTools as well. I believe I read you can't use the Gateway .nds file for this but a specific one for rxTools, where can I get that? In that case I believe I wouldn't need the code.bin file and would just skip steps from 5 through 7
and just launch the exploit from the flashcard instead?

The original rxTools download has an NDS file for installation of the mset exploit thru an NDS flashcard. (rxinstaller.nds)

Last edited by StriderVM,

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
OK, thanks. I'm right in thinking I should replace steps from 5 to 7 with running rxinstaller from the flashcard then?

One more question. I've been reading about emuNAND and apparently once you set it up in case you don't want to unwrap everything installed every time you boot it you need to unlink sysNAND and emuNAND. The thing is, people mention having to format sysNAND which I'd like to avoid doing. This guide has an option to unlink them without formatting: https://gbatemp.net/threads/zelda-4-swords-and-gateway.361418/page-5#post-4906556 Would that work?

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, thanks. I'm right in thinking I should replace steps from 5 to 7 with running rxinstaller from the flashcard then?

One more question. I've been reading about emuNAND and apparently once you set it up in case you don't want to unwrap everything installed every time you boot it you need to unlink sysNAND and emuNAND. The thing is, people mention having to format sysNAND which I'd like to avoid doing. This guide has an option to unlink them without formatting: https://gbatemp.net/threads/zelda-4-swords-and-gateway.361418/page-5#post-4906556 Would that work?

Yep. Just run rxinstall.nds and run it. Should be fast and easy than using Spider.

As for your other question, they still did format it, except it was the emuNAND that was "formatted". Although I haven't tried that one yet (I don't mind re wrapping games) , by theory it should be possible.

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Great, thanks! Some more beginner questions if you don't mind: What else do I "lose" if I don't unlink emuNAND and sysNAND? Only having to unwrap stuff all the time? And is switching from Pasta simple otherwise, by copying everything before making emuNAND and pasting it back after making it I get to keep everything as it was including the installed .cias and save files, the only thing I should be losing is ~1GB of storage that emuNAND will take?

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Great, thanks! Some more beginner questions if you don't mind: What else do I "lose" if I don't unlink emuNAND and sysNAND? Only having to unwrap stuff all the time? And is switching from Pasta simple otherwise, by copying everything before making emuNAND and pasting it back after making it I get to keep everything as it was including the installed .cias and save files, the only thing I should be losing is ~1GB of storage that emuNAND will take?

If I understood it correctly, emuNAND is basically a clone of your sysNAND, so yes, if you backup everything in your SD card before creating the emuNAND (Which formats the whole SD card) and then copying it all back together, the emuNAND should contain a duplicate of your installed CIA's and save files.

ender360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
based on this

what I'm trying to do :
-install cias

What i think i should do: (i am on pbt using rxtools 2.3 and have devmenu)(I did not create NNID on my O3ds)

-backup sdcard contents
-'just replace the rxTools.dat with the patched one'
-run rxtools 2.4 with sig patch
-update rx-e to 9.8
-uninstall unwanted cia(can i do that?when pbt installs to sys?) to make space for new cia thru devmenu
-place cia on root of sdcard
-run rxtools with sigs patch
-install cia with devmenu

correct me if im wrong tho

The devmenu icon that appears on the top screen on the 3ds was not present but was visible on the bottom screen. I tried lauching devmenu in rxE-mode it gave an error, the system restarted and after that the devmenu icon was gone, even in sys.

then i thought 'maybe i should have lauched the cfw first?' I tried it by going to system and launching the profile exploit but it only restarted the system.

good news is that i can still play legit cias in rxe-mode.

bad news i dont know what i'm doing anymore.I don't want to loose my games and saves. Point me in the right direction guys? links and tips greatly appreciated

metalsolid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm on 9.2 sysnand and Pasta. When using the GW launcher to format emunand, I didn't see any emunand content in the SD card except the launcher.dat. What have I missed here?

yin666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone!! I've been gone for a while, about month and a half and I'm seeing that now rxtools has firmware patches, so I have a few questions:

I'm currently on pasta cfw with cubic ninja on 9.2 sysNAND, I've got a bunch of cias installed, If I set my sd card (32gb) to emunand will I lose everything included save games? How much free space do I need to format emuNAND, because I think I have little space, maybe I should just delete some cias, but is there anyway to backup my save games from my sysNAND and use them in the new emuNAND from rxtools? Thanks a lot to everyone in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool