Hacking How to swap accounts on 2 different 3DS consoles?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
N3DS - dump tickets and moveable.sed + backup a copy of N3DS folder; or load up decrypt9wip and decrypt N3DS folder

XL==> system transfer to formatted N3DS - copy over decrypted N3DS folder - reencrypt with d9 - inject tickets - job done

Right? Or am I missing something...

Or as ^ post - nand backup [+ sdcard] -- system transfer to move nnid then reflash backup...

Last edited by HyperT,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You got wrong. Let me explain a bit closer. On my N3DS XL I have my real account with some purchases, but I would like to sell that XL since I'm using regular one. On my other N3DS (regular size) I have a lot of hacked games, including GBA games (that's why system transfer isn't an option, I will lose all of that). Also on regular size N3DS I have another accout which doesn't has any purchases, so I would like to move my acc from XL to regular because I have a few purchases and Pokebank subscribe. So, to summaries XL>regular size. What to do to not lost all games on regular?
You can make an emuNAND and transfer to that emuNAND. That way you can keep all your stuff belonging to one NNID on sysNAND and all the stuff belonging to the other NNID on emuNAND.

Reactions: Quantumcat

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any particular reason you absolutely have to do a System Transfer? Because now that you have two fully hacked 3DS'es, you can use the right tools, to sync all your content between all your 3DS'es. Making a CIA for digitally purchased games is more tricky, but it is possible, I think with GodMode9, and maybe a certain Windows program.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
op wishes to transfer his LEGIT content to another one without loosing the non legit already on the other one.

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I personally, would not want to follow through with a solution that requires me to update (call me paranoid), but, if he really wants to retain the legitimacy of his legit content, then, he should make sure he has a way to reinstall his non-legit content, then format the one with the non-legit content, and system transfer the legit stuff. Although, wouldn't the formatting remove A9Lh+Luma?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
If you flash the backup from before you transfer, then the NNID from the transfer won't be active, you would have to format to sign back into it.
I thought nnid was tied to hardware id [& verified server-side] so flashing backup wouldn't revert nnid if there's a new one attached --- that was my thinking at least.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I thought nnid was tied to hardware id [& verified server-side] so flashing backup wouldn't revert nnid if there's a new one attached --- that was my thinking at least.
The console will think it has an NNID different to the one the server thinks it has. If you use the eShop or any server side applications, all the games belonging to the old id will have their tickets removed. I think you get an error of some kind also.

Reactions: HyperT

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He means the NAND will have the previous ID as active and therefore try to use it to sign in instead of the new transferred.

He could just inject a blank nnidsave I suppose.

Easiest thing would be to dump content from target and re-inject as you suggested.

Reactions: HyperT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all