How to swap accounts on 2 different 3DS consoles?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Virdoo, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Hi,

I've got 2 New nintendo 3ds consoles (both of them are hacked) and I would like to take account from one console and have it on other one, so I can sell one. Is it possible to do it somehow? Both of them are running A9LH + Luma.

2. CrispyCola

CrispyCola GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Sand
    Do you mean an NNID?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Make a System transfer. Nothing to worry about. Both consoles need the latest update and an internet connection. Just follow instructions the 3ds gives you.
    After the transfer succeeds the target console will have the account and games/saves installed and the other console will be reset and ready to be sold without a9lh removed.

4. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    System transfer is horrible long process. Any way to transfer just ID?

5. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Calling Nintendo is the only other way, to my knowledge.

6. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    There has to be some other way...

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    System transfer or call the Big N. Unless someone with more knowledge posts with a different method.

8. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Is system transfer going to delete all my games on second 3DS? The one which is going to get my account

9. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    In the Time you are waiting for an answer you could have done 3 system transfers. And no there is no other way because nnid is tied to nintendos server. Either call or make a transfer or format the console while online.

sup3rgh0st likes this.
  10. CrispyCola

CrispyCola GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Sand
    You may be able to dump the nnidsave.bin from the 3ds with the NNID and inject it into the 3ds receiving it, but i'm not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Yes it will. The second system will get everything from the first system, and will erase everything non-legit and merge any legit content that the second system has on it.

12. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    So I will have to reinstall all games all over? ... This is why I'm avoiding system transfer. I have also some GBA games on that console so I will lose save files 100%

13. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You could try what CrispyCola said, but other than that, there's only two ways to move a NNID to a different system. There are no other ways unfortunately.

14. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It won't merge unless the target console has no NNID. If it has an NNID the legit stuff will be removed because you will have to format before the transfer, you can get it back if you format again after the transfer and sign back in to the old NNID and redownload the purchased stuff.

15. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    That's true, but I'm assuming that's not the case with the OP. OP wants to move NNID from system 1 to system 2, which I would assume has no NNID since they never mentioned if it did.

Quantumcat likes this.
  16. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    Seem op wants to transfer everything from system 1 to system 2 and keep what's on system 2.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/ask/ht/520/cp/593/mq/515

you need to have both serials, but you can do it this way. at this point you can download all legit stuff to system 2.

if you want to actually swap two nnids you would need third system and do three transfers.

Last edited by Zaphod77, Mar 27, 2017
  17. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    You got wrong. Let me explain a bit closer. On my N3DS XL I have my real account with some purchases, but I would like to sell that XL since I'm using regular one. On my other N3DS (regular size) I have a lot of hacked games, including GBA games (that's why system transfer isn't an option, I will lose all of that). Also on regular size N3DS I have another accout which doesn't has any purchases, so I would like to move my acc from XL to regular because I have a few purchases and Pokebank subscribe. So, to summaries XL>regular size. What to do to not lost all games on regular?

18. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You can't keep the games on the regular system, because since it has a NNID (I'm assuming you mean you have two NNIDs, one on each system), you have to format the system in order to system transfer to it.

19. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    i think nintendo form will do the trick, but it might fail cuz the other system already has an nnid.

20. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You'll have to format the receiving system before you can put another NNID on it, whether through system transfer or asking Nintendo to do it. The NNID won't be lost, you can always format again and sign into the old one. If you backup the NAND and the SD card you won't lose data (you can restore the NAND and put the data back on the SD card and it'll be like it was before the format). If you don't, then when you format the console will no longer read the Nintendo 3DS folder with the games and saves, it'll make a new folder and start fresh.