How to surprise....

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so my best friend and I are getting her husband a gift for his birthday Saturday, problem is, we don't know how to surprise him :/

I want to show them how appreciative I am for their friendship, so to benefit the both of them, mainly him since it's his birthday, I'm getting them a Playstation 3.

How do I surprise them?

I want him to think I got him a crappy gift but then he realizes his real gift is the Playstation 3.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you could get a box for an old VCR, you could put it inside it.

"huh. A VHS player. In 2010. Gee thanks..."

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
choconado said:

How about a vinyl record sleeve of some crappy band - & put a note inside that says 'You REAL present is hidden in the garage/Up in the bedroom (or somewhere that NOT in their living room)' & while they're gone - quickly place the PS3 under the TV

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take in some usual $20 crap gift and let him look down it was something thoughtless and average. Then make the excuse of getting him to take your keys and do a favor of getting something from the car and bring it in. If he's not dense, he'll get it is his ps3, if not have him bring it in, then explain it slowly.

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
Wrap it up in some way so that it looks like something it's not. Like last year we wrapped a book up to look like a bottle of whiskey. It'd need to be something big though.....like a rocking horse? You could make it out of card....this idea is beginning to sound like more trouble than it's worth.....

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
choconado said:

How about a vinyl record sleeve of some crappy band - & put a note inside that says 'You REAL present is hidden in the garage/Up in the bedroom (or somewhere that NOT in their living room)' & while they're gone - quickly place the PS3 under the TV

That's actually a pretty damn good idea. But I'll be real broke after getting this PS3 and Final Fantasy 13 for him lol thankfully, there's ebay and Wal-mart for a cheap fake gift!

pokesteven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like the other ideas but kinda unique. Get one of those cheap PS3 knock offs and pretend that its a real PS3, then just pull out the real one later

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a clothing store box/wrapping?

Wait...you could still tell somethings up by the weight though huh
wink2.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only reason mine is kind of like that other guys is that I don't bother reading other posts much if it's someone asking a specific question. I just think up something and write it. Mine seems to be like your vcr swap, it's just crap in the trunk of a car swap.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Buy a brand-new one and set it up without him knowing. Then buy a broken one off craigslist.

Put the broken PS3 in the box and reseal it. When he tries to use it simply say "Thank god we got two of them" and show him the real one

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advice Dog said:
Buy a brand-new one and set it up without him knowing. Then buy a broken one off craigslist.

Put the broken PS3 in the box and reseal it. When he tries to use it simply say "Thank god we got two of them" and show him the real one

Too expensive. Some people are insane with prices when it comes to broken things.

Posts merged

QUOTE(tinymonkeyt @ Mar 23 2010, 07:10 PM) Use a clothing store box/wrapping?

Wait...you could still tell somethings up by the weight though huh
wink2.gif

Haha, yes. I could tell him I got him two bulletproof vests XD
Actually, I don't think it'll fit in the box
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: