How to stop HBC from scrolling to the right

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Black_Knight, May 6, 2010.

1. Black_Knight
    OP

Newcomer Black_Knight Advanced Member

United States
    I haven't touched Homebrew in at least 3 months, so I didn't look that farther back than that. I'm sure it's somewhere, but I'm not finding it.

So anyway, I had some Wii points to burn in the shop and I updated several channels (Nintendo Channel, Check me out, Everyone votes, and Gradius Rebirth), Bought a game that I demoed out through a wad. but since it was already uploaded through homebrew, it wouldn't download. 'No big deal' I'll just use the deleter to delete it from the memory. So when I open the HBC it instantly starts to scroll to the right like someone is holding down the + button and I can't stop it. Even if I hold down the - button, it just see-saws between the two screens like a game of tug of war.

I double checked and it's the system, not the wiimote since I removed the batteries when it booted up and it still scrolled right.

Do I need to reinstall hackmii, fiddle with my IOS or the do another 4.2 update?

2. Wiiwu

Member Wiiwu GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    Maybe some corruption in your SD card Apps folder?

Try another card with a freshly created Apps folder.

Or a 2nd controller somewhere with a button stuck?

3. SherlockHolmeboy

Member SherlockHolmeboy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    It most probably is another controller with a stuck + button, a problem with whatever IOS the Homebrew Channel, or the Homebrew Channel itself. Try reinstalling HBC with the HackMii Installer. If that doesn't work, install a clean IOS61 and install HBC. If THAT doesn't work, see if you can clean the contacts on your Wii remote. Does the + button feel sticky at all?

4. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Not likely to be an IOS problem at all. Probably a gamecube controller or other extension (nunchuk/classic/guitar) resting upside down.

5. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    Ive had this problem before when i have the classic controller plugged in to the second wii mote, but it wont do it if its connected to the first wiimote.... weird. doesnt do it everytime tho

6. Black_Knight
    OP

Newcomer Black_Knight Advanced Member

United States
    Cleared my SD card and reloaded everything. No problems now.

Edit: Thanks everyone