rich6619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

how can I stop the annoying 11.3 update notification popup from happening sometimes when I power on my n3ds ? I've searched and can't seem to find a clear answer.

Any help would be much appreciated !

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install A9LH and update. 3ds.guide
Um, no.

OP, If you want that pop-up removed, you need to enter recovery mode.

To do so, hold A+R+L+Up(DPad) while booting, and press cancel.

Though, this is temporarely. You'll need to disable Spotpass updates in system Settings in order for it to go away fully.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you just turn off the wifi?
If you have luma with a9lh you can just update.
Seriously i was about to suggest that until i saw your post. :P

Although yeah just turning off wifi is simple, for new 3ds is pretty bad if you wanna do that since it only can from home menu quick settings. Sometimes i wanna use wifi and forget to turn it on. But yeah is what works. Also i thought someone made a update suppressor, but i guess it don't work anymore? I usually delete the update data with fbi installer :P

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Um, no.

Though, this is temporarely. You'll need to disable Spotpass updates in system Settings in order for it to go away fully.

While installing A9LH isn't an answer to removing the popup, it is the right course of action either way. If he doesn't have A9LH then he should because if he ever updates on accident he's SOL. If he does have A9LH then the right course of action is to update because there is no reason to stay on 11.2 if you have A9LH.

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While installing A9LH isn't an answer to removing the popup, it is the right course of action either way. If he doesn't have A9LH then he should because if he ever updates on accident he's SOL. If he does have A9LH then the right course of action is to update because there is no reason to stay on 11.2 if you have A9LH.

to be honest: there are reasons.
nr. 1 reason is: 11.3 makes some games stutter. and no: luma3DS cannot simply fix that by increasing the clock speed.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Um, no.

Typical. No one sticks to the question. Only this guy did. Good on you man.

And to those suggested wifi disabling, no, wifi disabling won't do anything. You will still get the update nag. The above mentioned method is the only way (besides dumping and injecting in decrypt9) that can get rid of the nag.

Whether he has or wants a9lh is off topic

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"some games"

= Ocarina of Time

... during some cutscenes. (Or so I heard)

Wow terrible.

why not stay on 11.2 if you can? ctr-httpwn makes everything possible (pokebank etc.)!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually the latest luma hourly fixes it...
how if it is a FW flaw?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

spotpass updates would mean no spotpass functionality at all? not being able to meet other people?

Reactions: emuashui

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i remember that i installed a homebrew named like "update supressor" or so, never used cause changed to a9hl but...

TheToaster

Kishore
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason NOT to stay on 11.2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There's no reason NOT to stay on 11.2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

I mean if you prefer launching ctr-httpwn every time you want to do something that requires 11.3 then go ahead, do just that. To me that sounds extremely annoying when the alternative is to update to 11.3 which provides no negative downsides. "Stuttering" was mentioned here as a flaw in 11.3 in "some games", yet I've yet to see any conclusive proof that it affects anything other than OOT and even in OOT it supposedly only affects cutscenes.

Reactions: Quantumcat

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its happens in oot I'm sure it happens in othet games as well.
it certainly does. so if you do not want stuttering and keep online to a minimum (like most of us because let's be honest: the 3DS is not a real online handheld), then you can easily launch ctr-httpwn before your games and stuff.

btw: if you keep your 3DS in standyby all the time, then ctr-httpwn is only needed once at boot. that's it.

Last edited by naddel81,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it certainly does. so if you do not want stuttering and keep online to a minimum (like most of us because let's be honest: the 3DS is not a real online handheld), then you can easily launch ctr-httpwn before your games and stuff.

btw: if you keep your 3DS in standyby all the time, then ctr-httpwn is only needed once at boot. that's it.
Also i deleted the pending titles with fbi and i never get the update nag.

Reactions: naddel81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off