Hacking How to softmod a Wii to play VC, N64 .wad files, not wii64

Shad0wman8008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a used Wii, first Nintendo console since the N64, my daughter and I lo0ve to play TV games together so I was trying to get my new (used) Wii softmodded to play all these games I have. I have HBC on my Wii and just need to learn the easiest way possible to play .wad files. I don't care about anything else, just the .wad files. I've tried to do this before and its taken my over 10 hours to get nowhere, hoping somebody can present the easiest, most simple way to do it. Thanks for listening.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
First, you need to patch your system ios in need to use a wad manager to install wads.
Download pimp my Wii and go to the hack my Wii/minimal installation and there patch ios 249/250/251 with all the 4 patches.
Then download YAWMM and install the wads using ios 250

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need to use Pimp My Wii and definitely no need to patch system IOSes. That's just inviting a neophyte to screw up their console.

All that's needed for VC games is a working cIOS or NEEK, neither of which require touching Nintendo IOSes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE