1. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

United States
    1. This tutorial should still be good. If it still mentions DIOS MIOS for GC games you should probably skip that and use Nintendont instead. (DM doesn't work on Wii U anyway)
    2. Maybe? I'm not sure about the Wii U but the largest officially supported card for the Wii was 32GB SDHC after system menu 4.
    3. Yes, but if you're using one partition (recommended) it needs to be set at least one byte smaller than 4GB. Make sure the drive has any power saving or encryption features turned off if they exist.
    4. Ridgecrop's FAT32 formatter works well. MBR is more compatible than GPT, too.

M1GRATON likes this.
  2. M1GRATON

M1GRATON Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you GreyWolf! Should I return the 64GB SDXC and opt for a 32GB SDHC (Since it appears it may not support a 64GB SDXC card)? Also is the SD card still necessary or can I run everything off the hard drive? When you mention 1 byte smaller did you mean 4tb Just want to make sure since I'm a noob at this)?

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If the card is recognized at all it should be ok. As for the drive formating, yes- set the partition size to something like 3.95TB or at least one byte less than ‭4,294,967,295‬ bytes and it should be ok.

4. M1GRATON

M1GRATON Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Should I format the SD card with any allocation unit size?

5. M1GRATON

M1GRATON Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried formatting the Drive using the recommended utility but I got "This drive is too big for FAT32 - max 2TB supported" error, is there a way around that limitation to make the 4tb continuous? Thanks again!

6. kublai

kublai GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have been out of the WII modding for a longtime and wondering if this guide is still good to use on a fresh WII and up to date?

Thanks.

7. stephaniie

OP stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I would recommend using ModMii and if you feel something is missing in their guide (like playing gamecube games, wiiware etc ) you can always ask in the Forums or whatnot.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Not sure ... ask in the Forums they might give you a good answer! :)

8. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

United States
    stephaniie likes this.
  9. zusfrid

zusfrid Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi. I am not sure if i;m doing this in the rifgt place. Please point in the right direction.

I was reading this tutorial and stumbled on part five.
    It says: "Follow Aces instructions in video - Zip-file from Youtube video Required :". But i do not see where to download it.
    And another question: is it possible to use the "Nintendont" with this mod. And if possible, how ?
    Appreciate any help

10. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    Oh wow it's been a while since I did the Wii... sorry but I'm very rusty here so can't help like a boss :lol: - I think the OP has changed it all since I gave her that kudos, but a quick look through and everything seems ok.
    Watch the video in question on part five, but on the youtube page itself, and the download link is in the description.
    And yes you will be able to use Nintendont after this, skip the part on step 5 where dios mios is mentioned, and instead once you've finished soft modding just visit the Nintendont thread and set that up.

11. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

United States
  12. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

United States
    Do you have the .ini file on the root of your sd? can you post the erro you are having, and a screenshot of your sd card directories?

13. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

United States
    Well it seems the hacks_hash.ini that i downloAded has nothijg but an error file inside. Its fixed now, the app helped me a lot

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  14. gunth17

gunth17 Newbie
    Newcomer

guys i bought a wii last week its on 4.3u now im trying to run internet browser channel then it ask me to update the system but its already in 4.3u version is it safe to update? i thought 4.3u is the latest and last version version? is there a new system version?

15. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Ooops wrong thread...

16. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

United States
    That means you have official IOSes that are patched.

17. gunth17

gunth17 Newbie
    Newcomer

sorry for the noob questions, but what are ioses? and is it safe to update? will i get ban or brick my wii if i update? cause i want to softmod my wii too.

18. yellowsnow4free

Newcomer

United States
    <delete>

Last edited by yellowsnow4free, Jan 16, 2018
  19. Zernal

Zernal Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Hi there nixe to meet you all!i have 1 problem i cant run usb loader from shortcut on wi.i can run it only for hbc.why,can an1 help?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Gamecube, SoftMod, Wiiware