Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Anyone know or can find a guide to softmodding a PS2 (by which I mean using a HDD to run games without originals) with a USB thumb drive? I know it's possible, I know many people at my school did that before.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Google 'ps2 mc exploit' for a wealth of links.

Basically, you trick the PS2 into booting from the memory card when you start up with a prticular PS1 game. You can then run a usb loader or whatever from the memory card and load games from the thumb drive.

Just a note though a) you will need a way of getting the apps/files onto a memory card (i.e. friend with modded machine or cheat device). b) the PS2 only has USB 1.1 ports - games take AGES to load!

smile.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, what i mean is that instead of using the MC exploit, is there a USB thumb drive exploit? For instance, drag and drop and then mod.
No. The only alternative to the MC Exploit is to buy an Action Replay Max which allows you to launch elf files stored on a USB drive, you can put the USB HD Loader/Ad elf onto your thumb drive boot that and then boot your iso.

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk