How to Share any 12 digit Friend Code in at max 10

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by kryptonianpimp, Aug 5, 2009.

1. kryptonianpimp
    OP

Member kryptonianpimp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I Personally love Metroid prime hunters DS.

I have found it "irritating" to add someone as a rival change my name into 8# of my FC host a game the write down the 8# Then I leave then change my name into the other 4 digits then after a 1/2 hour they tell me theres.

So why has no one thought of using HEXADECIMAL

For Those that don't know what that is. It is another way to count.

Decimals: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Ect..
    Hexadecimals: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 1A 1B 1C 1D 1 1E 1F 20 21 Ect..

So Then
    100 = 64
    99 = 63
    50 = 32
    15 = F

If you have a scientific calculator then it is easy to convert your FC into a hex code!

I know that any FC that is 12 Digits will work.
    E.G. 9999-9999-9999 = E8D4A50FFF

Most - To all Wi-Fi Games Let you have a Name that is a minimum of 10 Chars so this method of sharing your code "publicly" is great. This would work on Wii games too. Like Mario Strikers - Playing Co-Op on Wi-Fi with a mii for each of your wi-fi game:s/console

2. Treflex

Member Treflex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    good idea [​IMG] now if only this could catch on =/

3. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    I don't really get why Hex makes anything easier? You have to convert it to hex an back again when you receive one?

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    TOO MUCH HASSLE!

Good idea in theory but ..... No one will be a$$ed to go through that much hassle to decipher the codes for a quick game they will have to manually figure the real code out to add them again manually to your list on your DS ..No doubt by the time you have messed about and deciphered the other person will of gone offline anyway!

..most people just add their F.C. to forums like this,dedicated F.C. forums or in their signature for everyone else to see [​IMG]

5. kryptonianpimp
    OP

Member kryptonianpimp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @ilovengage
    Yes, you can convert back!

6. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    Yeah, but why should I convert it to hex in the first place if I have to convert it back when I want to use it? It remains 12 digits I have to enter on the DS, that need to be read from the computer screen. In which way does converting and posting it as hex help me with that?

7. RandomRedMage

Newcomer RandomRedMage Member

United States
    clever but useless, most new wi-fi enabled games either have an in game FC trading ability, that way no one has to manually enter it, or like previously stated, there are whole forums or IRC channels dedicated to the games for people to chat and exchange FCs. meaning this while clever, is nothing special.

8. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Clever idea but what about 7year old who just play the game and don't know what you mean by having a hexadecimal code as your name?