Homebrew how to setup Wii NAND emulator (SNEEK) and what do i need?

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to setup NAND emulator on my Wii so i can play all the latest games on it
biggrin.gif
... i cant find anny good guide
frown.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great guide
biggrin.gif
.. so easy to understand...ok, maby a little hard, but i did it....

SO, i made sneek and i extracted my friends wii NAND and put it on SD...

but nand from my friends wii is completly wirgin, now can i normally softmod my emulated nand like it is rean, so i can play backed up games and wii ware and GC? and if i can how?

or is there something other i can do?

tnank you all for helping me, you are all my heroes...
biggrin.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What do you mean with "rean"? I guess it's a typo, but other than "clean" I can't think of what it should be.
unsure.gif

Anyhow...as the last question of that topic notes, cIOS won't work on sneek (or maybe just accidentally). I haven't tried it with backup discs, so can't comment on that. Wiiware, on the other hand, works remarkably well (just use showmiiwads to install the wads to your emulated nand).

Homebrew on sneek...it sorta depends per homebrew. HBC 1.0.7 works but not 1.0.8. And keep in mind that the drive containing sneek is considered "the nand", so you won't be able to load homebrew off of it (if you're using sneek, you'll have to put it in USB:\apps\; for uneek, it'll has to be on SD:\apps\). I haven't tested much homebrew, but as a lot of them rely on cIOS'es, you can understand that it won't always work.
Priiloader can be installed, but isn't near as stable as on a real nand (the only real success I found with it was to have priiloader 0.4 forward to joyflow instead of the system menu...with priiloader). Priiloader magic work seems to work fine.

Personally, I'd recommend UNEEK+DI over sneek. It seems to load faster for me, but that's not the main reason. The main advantage is that you'll 1. have your entire hard disk at your disposal (which can hold far more than the average SD card), and 2. that you can load backup games from that drive (albeit in a different format than the usual USB loaders).

Oh, and 3: joyflow only works on UNEEK+DI.

There is much more to it (eg. it has a way to dump your disc contents), but I'm still new to all its features.

EDIT: almost forgot: it's nice to praise us for helping you...but honestly: save most of that for ppl like Crediar, XFlak and others. We're just the ones pointing you in the right direction; they are the ones making that right direction a possibility.
smile.gif

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
cobleman said:
You could follow that or just use Modmii for windows to create the Sneek + Di or Uneek + Di Nand for you

A valid point, yet Modmii SNEEK/UNEEK doesn't work for me. The NAND build is fine but for some reason UNEEK hangs on black screen. I use Sneeky Compiler for UNEEK builds

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I installed emulated NAND. i used virgin NAND dump from my friends wii...
but the problem now is that i hawe wii with emulated nand that is virgin, and cant play anny backed up dvd games or wii ware game because nand was not softmoded ..... how can i softmod my emulated nand, like i did with my real nand?

.......................NO WAIT! i can run WiiWare games..... this is confusing :S... i just installed Tetris party WAD to my emulated nand/SNEEK and it WORKED how, i dont know.... i was saying earlier that i cant play anny wiiware game because the game i wanted to play is Sonic the Hedgehog 4 ep.1, and that's a newer game... so probably that's the reason i cant play newer games on Sneek.... and NAND emulator i use is on system menu 4.0E... should i install latest system menu so i can play newer wiiware and VC games? or do i need some ios installed instead.... i dont know much, i am not a completly noob but i am learning this way.....

And yes, the most important question: How can i play backed up Wii games that are on DVD through Disc Channel ON SNEEK?

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
What do you mean with "rean"? I guess it's a typo, but other than "clean" I can't think of what it should be.
unsure.gif

Anyhow...as the last question of that topic notes, cIOS won't work on sneek (or maybe just accidentally). I haven't tried it with backup discs, so can't comment on that. Wiiware, on the other hand, works remarkably well (just use showmiiwads to install the wads to your emulated nand).

Homebrew on sneek...it sorta depends per homebrew. HBC 1.0.7 works but not 1.0.8. And keep in mind that the drive containing sneek is considered "the nand", so you won't be able to load homebrew off of it (if you're using sneek, you'll have to put it in USB:\apps\; for uneek, it'll has to be on SD:\apps\). I haven't tested much homebrew, but as a lot of them rely on cIOS'es, you can understand that it won't always work.
Priiloader can be installed, but isn't near as stable as on a real nand (the only real success I found with it was to have priiloader 0.4 forward to joyflow instead of the system menu...with priiloader). Priiloader magic work seems to work fine.

Personally, I'd recommend UNEEK+DI over sneek. It seems to load faster for me, but that's not the main reason. The main advantage is that you'll 1. have your entire hard disk at your disposal (which can hold far more than the average SD card), and 2. that you can load backup games from that drive (albeit in a different format than the usual USB loaders).

Oh, and 3: joyflow only works on UNEEK+DI.

There is much more to it (eg. it has a way to dump your disc contents), but I'm still new to all its features.

EDIT: almost forgot: it's nice to praise us for helping you...but honestly: save most of that for ppl like Crediar, XFlak and others. We're just the ones pointing you in the right direction; they are the ones making that right direction a possibility.
smile.gif
Your right, i am sorry.. I'm thanking Crediar and XFlak ocourse, and to all of you people here and ALL the people on GBA temp and for their patience.... your great guys
biggrin.gif
... thanks again

Ewen if i dont solve my problem, you ar all still great and do great jop of helping people who hawe questions and problems about their consoles..... Gamers should stick together
biggrin.gif
nayps3.gif
yaywii.gif

Ant sorry for typos and my bad english, i hoped you understanded me......
smile.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Like I said before: cIOS'es most likely won't work. Installing cioscorp or darkcorp on sneek...well, there's a snowball chance in hell it'll actually do something, but it would be fun just to see what 'll come out.
tongue.gif

I don't think I can add much more at this point...I don't have enough first-hand experience with sneek to give more than vague ideas.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~Wiiloader~ said:
And yes, the most important question: How can i play backed up Wii games that are on DVD through Disc Channel ON SNEEK?

FYI, back around the beginning of 2010, I saw postings in another site that people could use SNEEK with SM 3.2U and CIOSCORP 3.6 for playing back-up disk. I am not sure whether the approach still works for newer release SNEEK.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think sneek or uneek will ever allow backup loading as the dvd drive calls are rerouted through the usb drive/sd card. I've got a black wii so it won't read backups anyway so can't test this for you.
But, for sneek to load in the first place, you have to have a game installed to the usb drive. And because of this, I can't see that you can put a game in the drive and it will suddenly override the game it already thinks is in there on the usb drive.

But you don't need a cios with sneek, thats the point of it. Sneek itself gets rid of the signature checks etc... so that no cios is ever needed.

As for why sonic 4 won't work, it should do so probably your sneek nand doesn't have the correct ios installed. Open showmiiwads and look at Sonic4, it will tell you what IOS it runs in, simply check your sneek nand has that ios installed. If its giving you a black screen at the mo, this is probably what the issue is.

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
I don't think sneek or uneek will ever allow backup loading as the dvd drive calls are rerouted through the usb drive/sd card. I've got a black wii so it won't read backups anyway so can't test this for you.
But, for sneek to load in the first place, you have to have a game installed to the usb drive. And because of this, I can't see that you can put a game in the drive and it will suddenly override the game it already thinks is in there on the usb drive.

But you don't need a cios with sneek, thats the point of it. Sneek itself gets rid of the signature checks etc... so that no cios is ever needed.

As for why sonic 4 won't work, it should do so probably your sneek nand doesn't have the correct ios installed. Open showmiiwads and look at Sonic4, it will tell you what IOS it runs in, simply check your sneek nand has that ios installed. If its giving you a black screen at the mo, this is probably what the issue is.
i solved Sonic 4 problem somehow, but thanks anyway....
biggrin.gif

"you don't need a cios with sneek, thats the point of it. Sneek itself gets rid of the signature checks etc..." woooow
blink.gif
those are news for me, i didn't know you dont need cIOS or cMIOS. the whole time i thought i need cios and because of that i thought i couldn't launch backed up wii games through disc channel
biggrin.gif
now i know what to do, i must buy USB flash stick 8GB or USB HD 500GB and i'm ready to go
biggrin.gif

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
~Wiiloader~ said:
Donkey Plonk said:

biggrin.gif

"you don't need a cios with sneek, thats the point of it. Sneek itself gets rid of the signature checks etc..." woooow
blink.gif
those are news for me, i didn't know you dont need cIOS or cMIOS. the whole time i thought i need cios and because of that i thought i couldn't launch backed up wii games through disc channel
biggrin.gif
now i know what to do, i must buy USB flash stick 8GB or USB HD 500GB and i'm ready to go
biggrin.gif
Spot on mate. Yes sneek will launch backups absoloutly fine from a usb drive.
And yes, if you go down the sneek route, you do not need any cios or cmios. Actually don't hold me to the cmios, not 100% on that, but I'd imagine its the same for the cmios.

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
~Wiiloader~ said:
Donkey Plonk said:

biggrin.gif

blink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Spot on mate. Yes sneek will launch backups absoloutly fine from a usb drive.
And yes, if you go down the sneek route, you do not need any cios or cmios. Actually don't hold me to the cmios, not 100% on that, but I'd imagine its the same for the cmios.
biggrin.gif
That's COOL
biggrin.gif
...... You said: "Sneek itself gets rid of the signature checks" how does SNEEK do that?
mellow.gif
And since i hawe NAND backup (nand.bin) and that same nand but extracted, could i (just an idea) remove those signature checks from my NAND dump and that restore it to my Wii so that it wont hawe signature checks..?........ like i said, just an idea
ninja.gif

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
~Wiiloader~ said:
biggrin.gif
That's COOL
biggrin.gif
...... You said: "Sneek itself gets rid of the signature checks" how does SNEEK do that?
mellow.gif

Sneek is a modified Kernel like Bootmii and so it has been written to not include sig checks
QUOTEAnd since i hawe NAND backup (nand.bin) and that same nand but extracted, could i (just an idea) remove those signature checks from my NAND dump and that restore it to my Wii so that it wont hawe signature checks..?........ like i said, just an idea
ninja.gif
No, that would not work, its not the dump that gets rid of the checks, its the modified kernel.

smile.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
~Wiiloader~ said:
biggrin.gif
That's COOL
biggrin.gif
mellow.gif

Sneek is a modified Kernel like Bootmii and so it has been written to not include sig checks
QUOTEAnd since i hawe NAND backup (nand.bin) and that same nand but extracted, could i (just an idea) remove those signature checks from my NAND dump and that restore it to my Wii so that it wont hawe signature checks..?........ like i said, just an idea
ninja.gif
No, that would not work, its not the dump that gets rid of the checks, its the modified kernel.

smile.gif
so that is how it works
biggrin.gif
..... so, if the modified kernel gets rid of the checks, is there some way to get rid of those checks on Wii, and if now why not?

Sorry if i am borring but this is really interesting for me and i want to know more
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
bazamuffin said:
cobleman said:
You could follow that or just use Modmii for windows to create the Sneek + Di or Uneek + Di Nand for you
A valid point, yet Modmii SNEEK/UNEEK doesn't work for me. The NAND build is fine but for some reason UNEEK hangs on black screen. I use Sneeky Compiler for UNEEK builds
FYI, the latest ModMii beta builds s/uneek differently, and I am positive it will work for everyone now instead of just most people.
If you want to test it out PM me for the beta.

Note that the ModMii beta still builds the latest version of s/uneek with precompiled modules hosted on the google code page just like the official sneek installer (currently at rev 150). But sneeky compiler allows you to choose what rev to build (currently max rev is 151).

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
bazamuffin said:
cobleman said:
FYI, the latest ModMii beta builds s/uneek differently, and I am positive it will work for everyone now instead of just most people.
If you want to test it out PM me for the beta.

Note that the ModMii beta still builds the latest version of s/uneek with precompiled modules hosted on the google code page just like the official sneek installer (currently at rev 150). But sneeky compiler allows you to choose what rev to build (currently max rev is 151).
Glad to hear you updated it mate as I'd just read someone else who had the same troubles.
I'll be sure to give it a test sometime. Got no net at home till next Tuesday so if you haven't released it by then I don't mind checking it out mate, after all, I was one of those who it didn't work for
smile.gif

What a nice dev
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte