Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I just dumped my sysNAND and it says everything worked fine and then rebooted the WiiU. Great.

But when I try to use sdio nand extractor I keep getting this message:

Dumping \\.\PhysicalDrive3 -> D:\Downloads\slc.full.img
Source file cannot be opened \\.\PhysicalDrive3! Error 5

Any idea why this wouldn't work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just dumped my sysNAND and it says everything worked fine and then rebooted the WiiU. Great.

Trying again...whilst dumping it says ...read code (which changes), write code 00000000 (never changes)....so I guess for some reason it's not writing anything to disk?

I have an 8GB WiiU, can I use any size card? (m trying with a 64GB card).

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco

Trying again...whilst dumping it says ...read code (which changes), write code 00000000 (never changes)....so I guess for some reason it's not writing anything to disk?

About that last question you said about the "size card", yes, you can use any SD card as long as it is over or equal to 16GB, because the SD card needs twice the Wii U NAND size (16GB for 8GB Wii U, 64GB for 32GB Wii U). Oh, and make sure your SD card is FAT32; the Wii U can only accept FAT32 SD cards.

Ory25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Make sure you are running sdio nand extractor as admin.

Reactions: CatmanFan

haloboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I did everything correctly because I dumped rednand completely(took forever), my system restarted and then when I go to boot rednand in cfw booter(after backing up the SD), my pad says IOSUHAX. There is no red tiles or messages that say welcome to rednand. Did I install rednand correctly? Or is it only booting IOSUHAX? How can I verify rednand is installed so that I can use the systemconfig tool without bricking?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I did everything correctly because I dumped rednand completely(took forever), my system restarted and then when I go to boot rednand in cfw booter(after backing up the SD), my pad says IOSUHAX. There is no red tiles or messages that say welcome to rednand. Did I install rednand correctly? Or is it only booting IOSUHAX? How can I verify rednand is installed so that I can use the systemconfig tool without bricking?

The newest iosuhax has a splash screen instead of flashing red and saying "Welcome to redNAND!" After you boot the CFW make a folder on the Wii U called "You're in redNAND" (or whatever you want to name it). Power cycle the console and see if that folder appears on the home screen after you reboot. If it doesn't that means you were in redNAND. I'm sure you were in fact in redNAND, but it's nice to make a folder as a sanity check.

haloboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest iosuhax has a splash screen instead of flashing red and saying "Welcome to redNAND!" After you boot the CFW make a folder on the Wii U called "You're in redNAND" (or whatever you want to name it). Power cycle the console and see if that folder appears on the home screen after you reboot. If it doesn't that means you were in redNAND. I'm sure you were in fact in redNAND, but it's nice to make a folder as a sanity check.
Sysconfig is installed thanks to you mah dude. Thats an excellent way to gauge if rednand is installed. Should have been included in the tutorial as a reference for verification purposes. Cant wait to play some imports.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysconfig is installed thanks to you mah dude. Thats an excellent way to gauge if rednand is installed. Should have been included in the tutorial as a reference for verification purposes. Cant wait to play some imports.

Awesome. The folder thing wasn't my idea but it seems to be something that most people do. I have one named "You're in sysNAND" for sysNAND as well. Although once you install SystemConfigTool it's presence or it's absence on the Wii U menu will tell you which NAND you're in.

buhdiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to unlink nands without formatting? I've dumped my NAND and i'm using rednand emulated nand, but when i did it, i had some games installed on sysNAND and they all came together on the NAND dump... so... i wanted to uninstall them to free up space on redNAND's internal memory to use for other games.... result: a lot of "?" on the blocks where the games were installed before...

(tried to redo the dump 3 times to test if it would happen again when i delete the games from rednand's internal memory, i think that, as the nands are linked, every game that remains on the sysNAND when you delete them on redNAND, it will create "?" on the blocks where they were installed before... i'll attach a picture)
I've also notices that the "?" only appears when i restart the wii u.

I don't want to format my sysnand 'cause I have a lot of original bought eShop games and i don't want to have all the work to reinstall them all over again after formatting... (thus my internet connection is not that good)

so.... is there a way? :D

Attachments

• foto.JPG
    foto.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 124

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to unlink nands without formatting? I've dumped my NAND and i'm using rednand emulated nand, but when i did it, i had some games installed on sysNAND and they all came together on the NAND dump... so... i wanted to uninstall them to free up space on redNAND's internal memory to use for other games.... result: a lot of "?" on the blocks where the games were installed before...

(tried to redo the dump 3 times to test if it would happen again when i delete the games from rednand's internal memory, i think that, as the nands are linked, every game that remains on the sysNAND when you delete them on redNAND, it will create "?" on the blocks where they were installed before... i'll attach a picture)
I've also notices that the "?" only appears when i restart the wii u.

I don't want to format my sysnand 'cause I have a lot of original bought eShop games and i don't want to have all the work to reinstall them all over again after formatting... (thus my internet connection is not that good)

so.... is there a way? :D
I mean, you can just toss them into a folder, if you want to get rid of them move them from usb to nand on redNAND, since nand on redNAND is the sd card.

buhdiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean, you can just toss them into a folder, if you want to get rid of them move them from usb to nand on redNAND, since nand on redNAND is the sd card.

1. I'm not using USB... i just want to have different games on sysNAND and redNAND, but it seems that every game i still have on sysNAND creates "?" blocks on redNAND when i remove them.

2. that's exactly what i'm doing... I'm tossing them into a folder... but in my head, it still bothers me lol

thanks for the reply

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
1. I'm not using USB... i just want to have different games on sysNAND and redNAND, but it seems that every game i still have on sysNAND creates "?" blocks on redNAND when i remove them.

2. that's exactly what i'm doing... I'm tossing them into a folder... but in my head, it still bothers me lol

thanks for the reply
Yeah, sorry, I don't have any other solutions, enjoy your folder! :)

Reactions: buhdiego

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)