Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
ok im installing rednand right now and i have the 32 black version i have a 64gb sd card but i just notice does it matter that i have alot of games install over 120gb worth of games install into my usb for this rednand to work?
Those games will work on redNAND without any extra setup.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about to instqll redand but i dont see a autobooting optins in mocha only see config view mode off, skip this menu on launch on,show launch image off, launch systemmenu on, rednand on

If you want Mocha to do its thing after you load the .elf without pressing 'A' then what @iAqua said. If by autobooting you meant coldbooting then be advised that there are additional options under "expert" view. "Coldboothax (use syshax.xml)" is one of them. I'm not actually sure if you need that option for coldbooting redNAND though.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
If you want Mocha to do its thing after you load the .elf without pressing 'A' then what @iAqua said. If by autobooting you meant coldbooting then be advised that there are additional options under "expert" view. "Coldboothax (use syshax.xml)" is one of them. I'm not actually sure if you need that option for coldbooting redNAND though.
I can confirm you don't need syshax.xml for redNAND coldboot.

Reactions: DocAmes1980

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i was worry that it was gonna need more then 64gb sd card but i dont think ill be doing coldboot there to much risk for me to feel safe using it ima just launch hb to go into rednand not a big deal for me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what does sysConfig tool do?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, i had a little problem with the CBHC, when going to sysmenu it stated not to remove the usb and looped. I had to unplug the console to remedy this.

Yeah there may be dragons still. So far coldbooting Mocha is working great but if I discover some instability I'll keep CBHC and just go back to coldbooting the coldboot CFW. For as much as people seem to want to get away from fw.img it still seems to be the most reliable sigpatching. I've never had my system hang while using a fw.img. I think Mocha will eventually be the go to choice. Right now the only advantage for me since I don't use redNAND is my sexy lady pic. Of course I could have that with fw.img but I can't be bothered to recompile it.

simon66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Holy Guide :
  • Download this and copy the wiiu folder onto the root of your sd card.
  • Boot up your Wii U insert your sd and load up loadiine.ovh, then load up the homebrew launcher from there.
  • Choose the app store and find Mocha, install that.
  • Load up Mocha and don't enable redNAND and then turn on autobooting, press A. You'll be in sigpatched sysNAND once you've done that. Power off your Wii U and place the SD card in your PC.
  • Load up the homebrew launcher from loadiine.ovh again and run Mocha once again, if everything went well you'll boot into sigpatched sysNAND.
  • Whenever you want to boot sigpatched sysNAND you'll have to follow the step above this one whenever you want to load sigpatched sysNAND(unless you setup haxchi, which is covered later in the guide).

I'm sorry but this literally makes no sense to me.
You wrote:
"Power off your Wii U and place the SD card in your PC." but then the next step is to load up homebrew launcher. How can it load it if the SD card is on my PC lol.
Also, Mocha doesn't have "autobooting" option.

I have a 32gb Wii U, do I still use a 8gb card, or so I need a bigger card?

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Code:
The Holy Guide :
[LIST]
[*]Download this and copy the wiiu folder onto the root of your sd card.
[*]Boot up your Wii U insert your sd and load up loadiine.ovh, then load up the homebrew launcher from there.
[*]Choose the app store and find Mocha, install that.
[*]Load up Mocha and don't enable redNAND and then turn on autobooting, press A. You'll be in sigpatched sysNAND once you've done that. Power off your Wii U and place the SD card in your PC.
[*]Load up the homebrew launcher from loadiine.ovh again and run Mocha once again, if everything went well you'll boot into sigpatched sysNAND.
[*]Whenever you want to boot sigpatched sysNAND you'll have to follow the step above this one whenever you want to load sigpatched sysNAND(unless you setup haxchi, which is covered later in the guide).
[/LIST]

I'm sorry but this literally makes no sense to me.
You wrote:
"Power off your Wii U and place the SD card in your PC." but then the next step is to load up homebrew launcher. How can it load it if the SD card is on my PC lol.
Also, Mocha doesn't have "autobooting" option.

I have a 32gb Wii U, do I still use a 8gb card, or so I need a bigger card?

Oh, yeah, that's leftovers from the older guide, let me fix that up. And you'll be fine with a 8gb sd.

Reactions: simon66

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so the section in your tut of Installing sysConfig tool am i installing an actual icon onto my rednand menu ?

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im dumping my rednand but i dont see it anywhere? im selecting the drive where my sd card is and it wont let me pick a path for some reason it jsut dumps on :C i dump and couldnt find it anywhere then i made it dump in a folder it still wasnt there

UPDATE: nvm i fix the problem

Last edited by Lokote2134,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget the 1tb ddr16 ram