Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotya. I probably misremembered / misunderstood the fake tik thing.

Btw, how did we get the ticket for sys config tool? That's not an official title and yet it can be installed (at least in redNAND)?
When you repackage something into an installable format with the SDK, it also creates a ticket. That's how sysconfigtool has a ticket.

castigear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screwed up my post, I'll try again. If someone can give me a tip, it would be greatly appreciated. I have reached the point where I am running cfwbooter for the first time, but it is just kicking back to the main screen without letting me format and dump. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to set up my sd a certain way? I have an 8gb and I am using a 32gb sd card.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screwed up my post, I'll try again. If someone can give me a tip, it would be greatly appreciated. I have reached the point where I am running cfwbooter for the first time, but it is just kicking back to the main screen without letting me format and dump. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to set up my sd a certain way? I have an 8gb and I am using a 32gb sd card.
Are you using Fix94's or dimok's fork?
Dimok's fork of IOSUHAX is redNAND, while Fix94's fork is WUPServer for sysNAND.

castigear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using Fix94's or dimok's fork?
Dimok's fork of IOSUHAX is redNAND, while Fix94's fork is WUPServer for sysNAND.

I compiled dimok's fork.

Got it. Recompiled it using a different guide, looks like the guide I originally used skipped the generate sections step.

Last edited by castigear,

CesarTFW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to seem redundant if this has already been answered but I've skimmed over this post and haven't found any concrete confirmation. Sorry in advance. Here goes: Is there any risk of bricking if per say I were to accidentally plug in a USB storage device which contains installed data from rednand (per say I installed a game or DLC) whilst I am on the regular sysnand. I've seen someone post that there may be "some weird things happening" but nothing that points to bricking: I am unclear on this. I've been very careful so far but I'd like to know if I'm just worrying over nothing or my worries are correct.

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When you repackage something into an installable format with the SDK, it also creates a ticket. That's how sysconfigtool has a ticket.
In this way, is it possible to repackage a decrypted/loadiine game to a encrypted one and install it with the ticket created by sdk?
Obviously only in RedNAND.

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Deletr753

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I had setup REDNAND and it was running perfect but know it won't load it gets stuck on WELCOME to redNAND! black screen. Any got a solution for this?
Thanks

snk4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Backing up the rednand with SDIO nand extractor, I find that SLC and SLCCMPT have the same size (although with different hashes). Is that OK ?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is missing the part to run gensections.py. Without doing that it would just loop back to the Wii U home screen for me when running cfw booter for the first time. I have seen other mention of this step being missed in this turotial.

Soccerdies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So say i want to download skyward sword virtual console from nintendo servers, im boned on trying to install it in rednand because there is no title key to produce a fake tik from "that title key site" does not have it listed nor is it anywhere findable online, no way around that correct? guess im stuck with the wii version

raspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is NAND dump from vWii the same for redNAND? I am at this step which I must do in order to format my SD card but it will dump the NAND as well. Do I need to save both the NAND dump from vWii and Wii U or can I just keep one of the copies?

"Choose cfw booter and then go to your Wii U console and just tap the power button (You cannot hit the gamepad power button) it'll format your sd card and dump your nand to it, be patient."

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I seem to be unable to access Wi-Fi while on redNAND. Is this a known bug, and can I do something to fix it? I am set up for self-hosting, but I would also want to play games online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol