173 vote(s)
    66.5%
  2. Yes, but with some hiccups.

33 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. No, and I bricked.

38 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

16 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. 260 voter(s)
  1. Goloki

Goloki Proud TX Suporter... LOL!

United States
    RedNAND and Hitman's season finale in one day? Awesome :)

Though I don't if I'm ready to jump into this just yet. If it had coldboot, I'd be all over it. Hopefully SALT's solution is more like A9HL on 3DS, and not so Browserhax-like. The "Brazilian method" will do just fine for me for the time being. Unless I'm missing something, that is.

2. ness151

ness151 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    wiping sysnand breaks this?

*EDIT* well, now it doesn't even want to re-dump my nand anymore...

Last edited by ness151, Oct 31, 2016
  3. GamingAori

GamingAori GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    okay when I have all my games on my external hdd and then I format the sysnand can I still play the games on sysnand? is installing dlc and vc games possible with rednand through the sigpatches?

4. baselhamad

baselhamad "F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر

United States
    please someone do a video or a tutorial

5. RomAnOCrY

RomAnOCrY GBAtemp Regular

France
    0_o !
    Plz read the first post ! everything is on it !

6. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Do you remember how long does it take to finish the dump? My Wii U 8GB has been dumping the nand. It is 4 hours for now and still counting...

Davizz131 likes this.
  7. Pachee

Pachee GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Even with signature patch, installing anything on the rednand still requires a proper ticket. By proper, i mean a working ticket so the system functions can read the proper IV (title id, offset 0x01DC) and the common-key-encrypted title decryption key (0x01BF) for the title your are installing, otherwise the system will fail to decrypt the files and throw an error.

Edit: Also, DLC seems to use a different decryption procedure for installing, at least on the Wii, as it takes a ticket_id as IV (0x01D0) which seems user specific. Maybe you could compare it to one of your own DLC tickets to see if there is any specific data that needs to be edited/added.

C:\devkitPro\msys\bin

Also, could somebody explain this "unlink" procedure a bit more? Does System Config Tool makes changes only to RedNand or it also edit values in the SEEPROM/Sysnand/SLC? I wanted to give this a try and set up a Japanese NNID but i am scared of it saving something to the system and bricking my Wii U.

Last edited by Pachee, Oct 31, 2016
  8. PagaN

PagaN GBAtemp Regular

Cuba
    compiling fw.img pure evil and total user unfriendly :gun:

9. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Okay so I have my games on a 500gb external hard drives. How do I use this with rednand (just got it working this morning :D ) Also, how do I keep my current saves?

10. BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dont unlink nands. If you format (Unlink) your sysnand, Games that you had installed previously to usb via sysnand will not be playable via rednand.

But... Its up in the air ATM whether or not you should unlink nands yet with different people saying to leave nands linked or to unlink.

11. BurningDesire

United States
    So the best bet right now would be to get another hard drive? i am also assuming that there is nothing that can be done about saves atm...

12. BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Saviine & back them up. Your the OP of the tutorial in the backup section, You know this, Right?

13. castdreams

castdreams Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is the burning question for me as well. Last night I made my NAND dumps and was able to boot into RedNAND. I'm still a little unsure about installing anything on RedNAND without unlinking NANDs first.

It's cool that this works, but since I'm not currently interested in developing anything for the WiiU I think I'm probably going to stay on SysNAND for now. It doesn't seem worth the effort of having to re-format my external hard drive and re-download all of my games to unlink NANDs, not to mention manually backing up and restoring all of my save data.

14. BurningDesire

United States
    Yes and no, I know the process of doing hard drive games like the back of my hand but I am like a little baby when it comes to rednand haha. I intend to make a tutorial soon though if this once proves to not be sufficient.

15. victormr21

victormr21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

so we need to format USB? In this chase we cant save our programs in a USB if we wont use they with any NAND, emu or sys...

16. iAqua

OP iAqua

United Kingdom
    You don't need to format sysNAND or your hard drive, okay?

17. castdreams

castdreams Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If you don't format your SysNAND after setting up RedNAND, you can still use your HDD without reformatting. I don't think there's really much do gain by doing so, at least right now.

18. iAqua

OP iAqua

United Kingdom
    Agreed, there's really nothing to gain by unlinking.

19. victormr21

victormr21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

ok i can use HDD if i dont format sysNAND after run redNAND but @NexoCube said me that i have to format sysNAND because if i dont do it when i install something in redNAND it will install in sysNAND and brick

20. iAqua

OP iAqua

United Kingdom
    You don't have to format sysNAND, just make sure you install to redNAND and not sysNAND.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SigPatches, Firmware, Custom