Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
iAqua, I think I found the problem! After thinking that the game updates and DLC download from FunKiiU way too quickly, I looked at the sizes of the files being produced in the install folder. Turns out they are:
title.cert = 3kb
title.tik = 1kb
title.tmd = 1kb

This tells me something is wrong with FunKiiU, is there something I can do to fix this?
Try Wii U Usb Helper.

Fatih120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the redNAND setup has been working for me well. However, suddenly when I try to run mocha, the system freezes a bit after the mocha logo, with sound cutting out. I dunno what causes it. The SD seems fine. This happened after installing DLC+A game+update [To a USB] and when I switched wifi connections, but both shouldn't matter, I'm sure...

Any idea for what I should do? I wouldn't have to restart the SD from scratch, would I?

simon66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@iAqua
When using System Config Tool on Mocha (With CBHC installed) I see an option that says "Account Manager". When I press on it, I get an error saying:

"Failed to find Account Manager Tool (actmgr)
Please check the title is correctly installed."

I can't seen to find this title anywhere. How can I install it (is it even possible)?

Also, I want to give this console to my cousin but I want to remove the primary account on it (Since it has my NNID and credit card info). The only way to remove the primary account is to format the system (which I don't want).
Is there a way to remove the primary account without losing the downloaded contents (Haxchi is the only eShop app I have installed)?

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
@iAqua
When using System Config Tool on Mocha (With CBHC installed) I see an option that says "Account Manager". When I press on it, I get an error saying:

"Failed to find Account Manager Tool (actmgr)
Please check the title is correctly installed."

I can't seen to find this title anywhere. How can I install it (is it even possible)?

Also, I want to give this console to my cousin but I want to remove the primary account on it (Since it has my NNID and credit card info). The only way to remove the primary account is to format the system (which I don't want).
Is there a way to remove the primary account without losing the downloaded contents (Haxchi is the only eShop app I have installed)?
Uhh, the SDK might have it?

Reactions: simon66

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed ColdBootHaxchi for SysNand and it worked well :D. Shoutout to OP! Now I am wondering what I can do in terms of customization of the WiiU :unsure:. Like Custom Channels and things like that :D

Reactions: iAqua

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, actually, mocha will only protect redNAND from updates, so if you're using it with sysNAND that won't protect it.
Thanks for the clarification. I was a bit confused on how that all worked out. I'll look into other methods of blocking updates.

I used your blocking updates DNS method

Last edited by TheNintendoEnthusiast,
Reactions: iAqua

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)