Tutorial  Updated

How to setup AUTORCM for noobs

DISCLAIMER: YOU WILL NEED A TO USE A JIG ONLY ONE TIME. ALTHOUGH THIS GUIDE IS MADE TO AVOID JIGS,YOU WILL STILL NEED ONE JUST ONCE,I WILL ALSO NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR SYSTEM.
FOR MORE INFO ON HOW AUTORCM WORKS,PLEASE REFER TO THIS PAGE :) https://gbatemp.net/threads/bricking-your-switch-on-purpose-or-how-autorcm-works.504658/
I believe there is such a thing as "boot reason" stored somewhere too. So, they can also see that every single boot is done via RCM.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BANS,WE AREN'T SURE IF WE CAN GET BANNED USING THIS METHOD,BUT USE AT OWN RISK.
Stop using your paperclips and jigs and start using autorcm now!
Autorcm is literally automatic rcm at boot,meaning that you will no longer need an rcmjig and won't have to press the volume + button at boot. But,you will no longer be able to use Horizon(the normal switch OS to play games) without a computer to run the payload.
Using less your jigs and using autorcm instead,will avoid wearing out your Nintendo switch's pins,so reducing wear on a console that has a vulnerability that will be patched by Nintendo with the future Mariko switch revision.
So far this works on 4.x,5.x and 1.x - 3.0 (all fw)
Depending on your OS you will launch the payloads a different programs,this guide though,will only cover windows.
First of all
you need to download this executable https://github.com/eliboa/TegraRcmGUI/releases/tag/1.3.0 and then run "TegraRcmGUI.exe"
then download briccmii https://files.sshnuke.net/briccmiiv1.zip
Now you need to boot into rcm using any method available a full list is available here(REMEMBER THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU WILL EVER USE A JIG :)): https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-mods-to-enter-rcm.502145/
now in tegrarcmgui select the briccmii payload we downloaded earlier
and press the "inject payload" button

Now something should appear on your switch,like this

IMG_20180523_094325.jpg
so now press vol- to setup AUTORCM.
Now if you press the power button,your Nintendo switch will not reboot to horizon,instead it will reboot into rcm mode.
From here you can boot into hekate(cfw mode) and play some homebrew or boot into Hekate(ofw mode) and play some official games.
To run Hekate depending on your firmware you will download one of these two files. For example,if I were on 4.x I would download the 4.x Hekate sdfiles.
5.x hekate
https://github.com/Jan4V/hekate-ipl-50x/releases/tag/v1.0.0
4.x hekate
https://github.com/nx-python/hekate-ipl-4x/releases
1.x - 3.x hekate
https://github.com/Jan4V/hekate-ipl-50x/releases/download/v1.0.0/sdfiles.zip
Once you downloaded one of the two sdfiles, you will extract these files and put them all in the root of the sd card.
Now the payload that you need to run from your pc is:
Payload to run from PC
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases/tag/v1.5.1
Now open "tegrarcmgui.exe" and select the payload we just downloaded and press inject.
You should now be booted into hekate.
Before we do anything,we need to backup our Nand.
To backup our Nand,in hekate go to tools and select dump eMMC RawNand.
This won't be a fast process so be ready to wait.
Once done power off your switch and insert the microsd card in your computer
there will either multiple files or a single file if it's a single file it should be called "rawnand.bin" else if it's multiple files there should be "rawnand.bin.(numberofpart)"
Now copy over the nand backup, and reboot into hekate like we did before.
You are now good to go and you will never need to use a jig ever again!
AUTORCM IN ACTION!

pros:
no jig needed;
no ware on the pins;
no hastle to setup;
no hastle to uninstall;
cons:
this will only ever boot your console in RCM MODE,meaning that you will always need a device to boot you into hekate;
hekate currently doesn't support sleep mode,so you will need to run the payload from pc every time you power off;
UNINSTALLATION
run the briccmii payload from tegrarcmgui and now something should appear on your switch. Press the vol+ button to get rid of autorcm.
HOPE THIS HELPS :)

Last edited by jimmyj,

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess the main question is how detectable is the "home button" being permanently pressed, as it would be a good way for Nintendo to ban CFW users.
it's not using the secret home button if you never use the jig again.

OllieD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess the main question is how detectable is the "home button" being permanently pressed, as it would be a good way for Nintendo to ban CFW users.

The real question is obviously how easily detectable are the corrupted boot keys on a switch that blatantly should not even boot if the user wasn't using some form of exploit payload?

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just used that as a name for it, I meant the whole "corrupted" nand thing in general.
to be honest considering that this is the nvidia recovery mode and not nintendo special recovery mode,it shouldn't be detectable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The real question is obviously how easily detectable are the corrupted boot keys on a switch that blatantly should not even boot if the user wasn't using some form of exploit payload?
That's true but is a ban better than broken pins on a console which will have the exploit fixed?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
to be honest considering that this is the nvidia recovery mode and not nintendo special recovery mode,it shouldn't be detectable.
I believe there is such a thing as "boot reason" stored somewhere too. So, they can also see that every single boot is done via RCM.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali

I personally don't mind it being pressed all the time tbh. I have my right joycon permanently shortened and this makes more room for me compared to when I was using my old right joycon to get into RCM.
Besides I don't think Nintendo will be banning based on a simple 'secret' button press. They'll need something more solid.

Thank for the guide btw OP.

Reactions: jimmyj

OllieD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I also thought this sort of flag would likely exist,

It's always a cat and mouse game and the best way to avoid a ban is wait until the hacks are better established and the console is closer to end of life.
We will no doubt get EmuNAND and methods to spoof the boot keys as being unmodified to the Switch OS/Patching the boot reason code back to normal boot.
These things are mostly unknown in the early days and will take time.

People just need to accept that if they are going to do anything on their devices that isn't considered normal usage then they are risking a potential ban.
The question for those people then is not how to avoid a ban but if they are willing to accept one.

hellrokr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for this.
Personally, I don't believe they can ban based on this. For banning someone, you have to be absolutely sure that he did something against the rules. Booting into RCM is not. Even if it is a zillion time.

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for this.
Personally, I don't believe they can ban based on this. For banning someone, you have to be absolutely sure that he did something against the rules. Booting into RCM is not. Even if it is a zillion time.
Did this guide work out for you?

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thinking about it now,even if you don't have autorcm,most people, when atmosphere is out,will be booting into rcm to get homebrew and piracy. So I don't think autorcm is that bad ,even if the nand is corrupt,I even think that they can't see the broken nand,but that't just me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)