How to set up a WiFi connection for your DS with just your Mac (guide)

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by evoo1, Jul 25, 2008.

1. evoo1
    OP

Member evoo1 GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    This little guide may appeal to a very small group of users here, but hey if you own a mac and want to host a WiFi Access Point that your DS can communicate with, keep reading [​IMG]

What you need:
    • A Computer running OSX (I did this with a last gen Intel-Macbook)
    • Airport Extreme Card (build into any new mac-computer)
    • Working Connection to the Internet via Ethernet
    If you got all that (yay!) here's what to do next:
    [*]Activate Airport[*]Go to System Preferences and click Sharing[*]There you got to the "Internet Sharing" menu[*]Choose "Ethernet" for "Share your connection from"[*]Choose "Airport" for "To Computers using" menu[*]Enable Internet Sharing by clicking the little box next to the menu. Now a Dialog box should pop up, asking if you really want to share your internet connection. Of course we answer yes [​IMG][*]Close the System Preferences window, and click on the Airport icon on the right top of your desktop.[*]There click on "Create Network". Now you have to choose a name for your network but hey, make it sound cool! (that may be the most tough thing to do in this guide... like everytime a RPG asks you how you want to name your hero: You're never able to decide! [​IMG])
    (don't set a WEP-key, I'll tell you later why)
    If you did everything correctly the Airport icon on your desktop should now have a little arrow on it, meaning that you've created a working WiFi Access Point.
    As many Homebrew Apps don't support WEP security don't set a password for your just created Access Point. Of course by having no password any guy can come up and use your connection but hey, if you're using this guide you're stuck in a place with no WiFi Connection available, which means your probably in the woods or in Tibet. In both places you won't find many wardrivers or other people who will abuse your Connection so don't worry [​IMG]

Now your DS should recognize your home made Connection as a normal WiFi Access Point and you should have no problem whatsoever connecting to it (you get your ip via dhcp).

Hope it works for you just as it did for me [​IMG]. If there are any questions feel free to ask, I always love to help a fellow Mac-User out [​IMG]

2. mcmungo

Newcomer mcmungo Member

Sweden
    Didn't work for me.

I just got a 52100 error.

3. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Probably not compatible?