1. Worldblender

OP Worldblender Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a smaller, cheaper, lower-end LCD TV (exact model described in the attached PDF file) that supports HDMI, but with significant annoyance: overscan cannot be disabled on resolutions other than 1366x768 or 1360x768. However, the Nintendo Switch, when docked and using HDMI output, only has the options for automatic, 1280x720, and 1920x1080, which unfortunately means that I'll be forced to play with the outer frame cut off. For example, I may not be able to see certain areas of HUDs if they are placed near the screen edge.
    I have the following solutions available:
    • Use a different screen (another TV or computer monitor) that allows disabling or doesn't do overscanning.
    • Use either an HDMI to VGA adapter or HDMI or RCA AV/component adapter, aa those two inputs can have overscan disabled, regardless of the screen resolution.
    Alternatively, my Switch unit is unpatched, allowing me to load CFW. Does there exist some homebrew that allows changing the screen resolution to various sizes? I would prefer that there be something I can do while staying with OFW.

Attached Files:

2. GentlemanPotato

GentlemanPotato Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Go to settings > TV output > adjust screen size and you can shrink the screen so it fits within the displayed portion of your screen

3. Worldblender

OP Worldblender Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for reminding me of this option again. I'll give it a try whenever I have the time.
    Update: Shrinking the screen to at most 95% works. This solution could work for any other screens where it is impossible to disable overscan.

Last edited by Worldblender, Feb 20, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - resolution, something, docked)