How to set Hmail in Vita 3.18 ?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Evozt, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Evozt
    OP

Evozt Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    I get notice that vita 3.18 can't connect gmail or yahoomail anymore. Latest email application of the vita (3.60) supports up to TLSv1, old versions only support up to SSLv3. Gmail doesn’t support SSLv3 anymore.
    I want to set Hmail to my vita, but i don't know the setting (i'm totally noob about this). Can somebody give a simple hints, tips or tutorial about this. Thanks before..

2. jamesalfred

jamesalfred Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2007
    Indonesia
    Refer to here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/vita-email-app-down.431992/ It has been discussed, and the solutions are there. Basically you have to manually update your vita to a higher firmware. I recommend 3.51, as it supports TN-V, VHBL and Rejuvenate. But if you want to play PSP games only, go to 3.55. For VHBL only, you can go to 3.60, but read the proper tutorial 1st. Someone posted it already recently.

3. Evozt
    OP

Evozt Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    Actually i try to keep my vita on 3.18 (i prefer use TNX over ps1 bubble loader), but it seems no other solution for this. It's look like i must to update my vita to 3.51. Thanks for your help, i'm very appreciate that.

4. xy2_

xy2_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    France
    No!!!! You can use another email provider and it will still work (try a GMX email.)

5. Evozt
    OP

Evozt Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    I can't create GMX email, probably it's block my ISP or IP address in my country (already try proxy, but still the same). Any other email suggestion for vita 3.18 ?

6. snappycg1996

snappycg1996 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    That was my thread linked above lol I feel cool.

My Vita is on 3.36 and I was on 3.15 before. I'd update to 3.36 as it's really easy and all hacks still work for it. Follow an update guide and you're golden :)

7. xy2_

xy2_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    France
    Any email provider that supports SSLv3 will work, since the old email app doens't support more than that. In the worst case scenario you can host your email on a local server pretty easily and use it that way.

8. Evozt
    OP

Evozt Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    I'm already try local mail, but it didn't work. What's your vita setting ?
    I try this and got nothing to work

Name = Vita
    Email Address = mailbox@local.mail
    Username = mailbox@local.mail
    Password = 123
    Protocol = IMAP
    (in my hMS there is "local.mail" domain with "mailbox@local.mail" account)

Incoming / Outgoing Mail Settings
    Host Name = 192.168.1.100
    Username = mailbox@local.mail
    Password = 123
    SSL = Off
    Authentication = LOGIN
    Port = 143 (incoming), 587 (outgoing)
    (my home PC has IP 192.168.1.100 assigned by a router)

Is there something that i missed ?

Actually i try to keep TNX and Packages Installer. Both of them, i can access in 3.18 firmware. Thanks dude for your advice. That gonna be my last option, if nothing i can't do anymore for this email problem..

Last edited by Evozt, Jul 15, 2016
  9. snappycg1996

snappycg1996 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    I'm pretty sure TNX still works with 3.36, and as for installing packages, if you mean homebrew, it's easy with pspfiler, just install it, transfer the .ZIP homebrew, open it up with Filer and move it to the VHBL folder and then bingo.

10. xy2_

xy2_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    France