Homebrew how to set desmume emulator to wireless

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is interesting. I don't need something like this but this is interesting.
smile.gif

That would be more interesting if I could play download play between desmume and my ds lite.
laugh.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it can't work on the WFC. That's fine. Is there some way to make it work over Hamachi? E.g. 2 Desmume's WFC-ing over hamachi.

Dreamboy21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
got mine working 2 days ago, first of all you have to have a few things:

1- PC
2- Nds Bios + firmware
3- Router wireless or not
4- WinPcap 4.1.1 if you want i can send the setup, just p.m. me
5- Desmume compiled version with wifi capability

Your pc has to be conected to to the router by regular ethernet lan cable
http://www.pontodamidia.com.br/loja/images/cabo%20rede.jpg
It doesnt work by wireless i've tried

you need to set the correct paths and set to use the firmware and bios files in the emulator options

you also need to set wireless conection to your network card, not ahdoc mode(cause that dont work), the second one

this is the essential parts that you need in order to work in your pc.

ive test it in pkmn white gts, and ramdom battle and it worked great

QUOTE said:

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
wtf it really worked!!!!!! yay!!

EDIT - okay i'm doing something wrong. if i don't connect to wifi and stuff i get a signal but when i try to connect, game sync, union room. i got no signal.
it shows this
err.png

oh and what's SSID?

Lune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
damn im getting same error too....it seems something might have to be done with the router settings if its a DHCP releated problem..

EDIT: OK well i inp[utted my own ip address and other settings but now i get error 52100...which i frequently get when using my real ds...so please someone else try and experiment...u gotta use settings like the one ur local connection has except change the last 3 numbers in your ip address to something betwee 1 and 255 but not a number any computer on the network has.Use the same Subnet mask,Primary dns, secondary dns,Default gateway.

2ND edit: okay forget the first edit i got it to connect successfully.....WINDOWS 7 USERS RUN DESEMUME AS AN ADMINISTRATOR!!!! i shall post a tutorial on this soon on this..

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to let you know when you start a race on mario karts the race never starts just wanted to give you the heads up maybe i'll do an combitlay list for this.

Dreamboy21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
just wanted to let you know when you start a race on mario karts the race never starts just wanted to give you the heads up maybe i'll do an combitlay list for this.

yep mario cart was the only game that didnt work with me it gave me that prob, but pokemon games work great gts, and wifi battles + mistery gift work great, also played tetris ds sucessfully via wifi

PS: Dont forget to give Firewall acess to this file : C:\Programas\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe

Feh1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dreamboy21 said:
DJPlace said:

yep mario cart was the only game that didnt work with me it gave me that prob, but pokemon games work great gts, and wifi battles + mistery gift work great, also played tetris ds sucessfully via wifi

PS: Dont forget to give Firewall acess to this file : C:\Programas\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe

What version of Desmume do you use? 0.96? The only version I found and compiled that worked nice with Wi-Fi was 0.96 but this version is so slow compared to 0.97.

Did you tried to battle against friends with Friend Codes? I tried to do that with a friend but when we were about to battle the WFC always kicked one of us. I don't know if was because we were using the same savegame, although we only connected to the online after he gave me his savegame.

Lune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
@Dreamboy21: thanks ill add that to my tutorial

@feh1:i think its a problem with the savegame...wifi friend code confliction maybe...

louisb123

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't load up my save file into the new DesMume, it comes up saying it can't load it only got halfway through, anyone know a solution?

OneySafdreon

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
dudes first of all this is shit i typed alot of stuff and accidently erased it so i m not gonna type alot again and its like this dudes i have a wireless router on the roof and my pc is connected to the router by a regular lan cable so its sorta wired connection but its actually wireless and there was some one that mentioned that you just need a regular lan cable and its gonna work on wireless too so it ain't working i m getting the error 52000 and then i tried to mess with the configs and then got the error 50099 so what should i do i really wanna play poke'mon white online please please please anyone help me?

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to add that the firmware needs to be dumped form your DS. you can not use that french one that is floating about on the net. each DS has a mac address, and the mac address is stored in the firmware, and the mac address in the firmware is used by desmume when you are using the firmware. from my experence you can not log on to NWC using a mac address that is already online. I had problems connecting both DeSmuME and my DS at the same time to trade over Pokemon from different versions with myself. If i went on wifi with desmume first, my DS was blocked, if i went on with my DS first, desmume was blocked. I was using the firmware from my ds in desmume. after i got firmware from another ds the problem was solved.

if you are using the french firmware like 90%+ of the other people who uses it for desmume and wifi, you are all fighting to log on. when every someone makes it on all other people are blocked until they get off then one more gets on and everyone else is blocked.

SilverTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Works or not... I don't know!
unsure.gif
They didn't add support fir peer-to-peer wireless like in pictochat, but on the iso zone you can find the latest version that works with the internet. But it only works if your computer has a wired connection or has an ethernet cable connected. tested working with an altwfc patched rom, mystery gifts work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality