Hacking How to seperate sysNand from Emunand on 9.2?

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Will doing so re-link the sysnand and emunand?

No
I have seperated sysnand and emunand.

The process I did was.
1)boot sysnand
2)remove 3ds big sd card
3)format system memory
4)did the whole process of setting up 3ds as it was like running for 1st time
5)inserted 3ds big sd card and let it creat homemenu stuff
6)Entered my NNID information on sysnand

After that my emunand doesn't lose theme choices or ask me to unwrap presents every time I booted on it so it is seperated.

Ray305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No

The process I did was.
1)boot sysnand
2)remove 3ds big sd card
3)format system memory

After that my emunand doesn't lose theme choices or ask me to unwrap presents every time I booted on it so it is seperated.

Thanks for the reply, I'll format my sysnand because the unwrapping of the gifts on every boot is so tedious.

felystar

Trophies
XP
Country
No

The process I did was.
1)boot sysnand
2)remove 3ds big sd card
3)format system memory

After formatting sysnand can you use the apps or games you had downloaded from the eshop on it? Or they don't work anymore?

Sosainas

Trophies
XP
Country
But you have to reformat the emunand to enter the eShop because NNID information get corrupted in emunand until you format it again, isn't it?

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
But you have to reformat the emunand to enter the eShop because NNID information get corrupted in emunand until you format it again, isn't it?

That is what I said earlier. I didn't reformat emunand after formating sysnand. If you try to go into the eshop on emunand without first entering your NNID info on sysnand you will get an error. If you first set up your NNID on SYSNAND using your existing NNID info that are already into the emunand then when you go to eshop in emunand it works normally

Reactions: Sosainas

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok
I have good news. After I formatted sysnand I entered my NNID on the sysnand and it allowed me to go into eshop on emunand after getting some messages like when you run eshop for the first time. So there is no need to format emunand after seperation. Just input your NNID on sysnand

Aha, this is what I was thinking it goes online for -- the manual says you should delete your e-shop account before formatting. Apparently, it didn't always do this for you, but now it goes online to ensure the eshop info gets removed before it allows the format to proceed. I'm guessing a few people got charged for games they didn't buy, so they added this as a safety precaution. Anyway, looks like NNID is one thing EmuNAND doesn't simulate (completely anyway), just like the 6.x save key.

Sosainas

Trophies
XP
Country
My NNID doesn't work on emuNAND, and I had it linked in my sysNAND before creating the emuNAND. It should work, but doesn't.

Reactions: Liberty

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've read that going into the data management menu in emunand will end up uninstalling some data such as themes or games. I may be wrong though.

Incorrect, it's usually going into Data Management in SysNAND that causes problems. Unlinking usually eliminates that problem.

Reactions: Ray305
D

Deleted User

You can safely format sys nand yes it needs to connect to the internet but no it will not update i just tried it on my 3ds that has a nand mod and it did not update the firmware

I had the same thing, I couldn't find any information about it on this forum and just did it anyway and it went fine. Was a bit scary though :P

Kino Akuro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
sorry to be so noob, but can someone answer me this question >.<

setting up emunand on my 9.2 will delete everything on my sd card rigth? so that means it will delete my e-shop games, my patches, my save games, etc. Is there anyway to keep all my things together and not be deleted when setting up emunand? if so how?

thanks in advance

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i have a 9.2 3ds with some legit games bought from eshop, if i do this procedure:

1. set up emunand
2. remove SD card
3. unlink emunand by formating sysnand
4. reinstert SD card and enter nnid on sysnand

will i still have my eshop games? can i play them from emunand?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
why not downgrade to 4.5? it would be less hassle triggering the exploit every time as well as not requiring an internet connection to format nand

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a 9.2 3ds with some legit games bought from eshop, if i do this procedure:

1. set up emunand
2. remove SD card
3. unlink emunand by formating sysnand
4. reinstert SD card and enter nnid on sysnand

will i still have my eshop games? can i play them from emunand?

0. Backup SD card
0.5. Dump your NAND just in case
3.33. Delete the new "Nintendo 3DS" folder from the SD card
3.66. Copy the original "Nintendo 3DS" folder back to the SD card

Add those steps and yes. Since we have a way to restore NAND dumps now, unlinking is low-risk. Step 4 should be unnecessary if you downgrade before step 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you