kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. This is my first time sending a device to Nintendo so I was wondering how to proceed from here.

Do I put my 3DS into a box or envelope? Should I remove my decal and Nyko power pak+ What should I say to Nintendo, that my r button doesn't work correctly? And how long would it take for the repairs if I send it from Toronto?

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
take off all non nintendo liscenced products and just say my r button has issues.

One time i sent in my wii and they got it back fixed in under a week.

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have never sended a letter before but I have a postage right near my house so do I just put my 3ds into an evelope and send it. Also do I stilll have warranty, I bought my 3ds at decemeber 2012?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1) Contact tech support and get the shipping label.
2) Remove EVERYTHING that's normally removable. That means take out any games, the SD Card, stylus, screen protectors, decals, and put the normal battery back in.
3) Put it in any old unmarked cardboard box.
4) I don't know how it works in Canada, but in the United States you MUST send it via FedEx.
5) Hope for the best!

If anything goes wrong (like they deny your warranty) then they'll contact you through phone or email.

EDIT: If you bought your 3DS last December, time-wise you still have a warranty. But if Nintendo finds out you used the PowerPak+, they'll probably deny it.

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1) Contact tech support and get the shipping label.
2) Remove EVERYTHING that's normally removable. That means take out any games, the SD Card, stylus, screen protectors, decals, and put the normal battery back in.
3) Put it in any old unmarked cardboard box.
4) I don't know how it works in Canada, but in the United States you MUST send it via FedEx.
5) Hope for the best!

If anything goes wrong (like they deny your warranty) then they'll contact you through phone or email.

EDIT: If you bought your 3DS last December, time-wise you still have a warranty. But if Nintendo finds out you used the PowerPak+, they'll probably deny it.
Just wondeing why I should remove my sd card? I mean dont they need it for to transfer my saves and stuff if the device needs to be replaced?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Nope, they use their own special devices. Besides, if they replaced your device, wouldn't the device deny your stuff on the SD Card because "it's someone else's purchases"?
Luckily, the way they do it keeps EVERYTHING intact. Except sometimes parental controls :D

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Wrong :P I sent my DSi in barebones twice (only the console itself, without battery, stylus and SD) and got back the dsi with a stylus, battery and battery cover, so now i have 3 batterys and batterys covers. Tho i sent my 3DS 3 Months ago the same way and i didnt got anything new :(

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Im srry to sound annoying. But am I suppose to wrap around the cardbaord box with tape to keep it tight and to make sure the 3ds wont fall down? Maybe I should read or watch a video of hwo tosend things thoruhg Fedex

Jarathaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im srry to sound annoying. But am I suppose to wrap around the cardbaord box with tape to keep it tight and to make sure the 3ds wont fall down? Maybe I should read or watch a video of hwo tosend things thoruhg Fedex

I recently sent my 3ds in for service. And you should make sure it's well padded in the box you're shipping it in. And that it can't float around inside the box. Take up all extra space with bubble wrap/newspaper/packing peanuts. Whatever works. And yeah, I'd seal up the box well with regular packing tape. After that affix the shipping label from Nintendo send it out and wait. good Luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls