Gaming how to save supercard lite gba games without real time save

kanchi465

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i really need help saving a gba game my ds's L button isnt working on my ds lite so i cant use the super card lite's real time save method i just got mother 3 all setup and this is driving me crazy

Earthbound2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you just save by the frog's? That's what they're there for.. If those froggies say no to your save data, try switching firmwares.. That worked for me (M3 DSR). It saves and loads perfectly.

And also, I know the pain. my L+R Button doesn't work either =_=

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kanchi465: Your choices are basically 1) get your DS fixed or replaced, or 2) get a different flashcart. You can get cheap GBA flashcarts from DealExtreme for just over $20 shipped.

Earthbound2: The Supercard requires you to press a button combo to write the normal in-game saves to the memory card, because it's too crappy to just keep the save in SRAM like every other flashcart.

kanchi465

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to buy a dsi but not another f*&%ing flash card i just want to play mother on my ds im gonna go cry thanks for your help guys and i dont know how exactly but this is all reggie's fault

waitaminute hey earthbound 2 how do you switch firmwares is there hope foe my precious mother 3

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do regular in-game saves not work on the Supercard? You can try the Quick Power Cycle method of saving regularly rather than using the real-time save option. Save in-game, power off, power back on quickly IN GBA MODE, press Right to get to the saver tab, navigate to the *.sav file, and hit A twice. The next time you boot the game, the save should load automatically.

Earthbound2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well actually I don't think my way will help according to the above above my previous one, stating that you can't save in-game normally.. Unless you can find a firmware that lets you set up the button combination to save, then I think there's no other way.. Good luck. Also, I just turned on my M3 + Mother 3 recently, and It seems my save file has completely disappeared. The saving and loading still works properly, but it seems after a day it just completely vanishes.. I'm going to try save fix patches and restart it again.. and again.. Until I can just play Mother 3 in peace..

Good luck for you and I my friend, for we have similar fates and bounds to this beloved game..
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1