how to save/load card2 3ds games with gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by inklara, Nov 11, 2014.

1. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Hi,

I have problems with saves of Pokemon X and animal crossing, the game launch correctly, I can play, seems I can save.
    But after I turn off the 3ds, play other 3DS games, then I want to play again to pokemon or animal crossing those 2 games start from begining as if I never played them before...
    I know there are issues with gateway and card2 games, but I don't know if it's already fixed and how to do?

I use omega 2.6, all other 3ds games works fine (except super smash bros: black screen, even with 8gb space on SD and micro SD), I have done a copy of my NAND, and I am not sure I have emunand installed (in the parameters screen I never see GW written next to my firmware)

Thanks in advance for your help, I read I have to format NAND for it will be automatically have new emunand but I fear to do that and accidently update the original firmware of the 3ds and not be anymore in 4.5.

2. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    well, there shoudln't be any problem with those games. I assuming you have emunand installed and updated (as you can play SSB). maybe you can redump the game and try again?

3. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    No he doesn't have emunand installed :

To create the emunand partition, backup your sd card data, then choose "format emunand" in the gateway menu

4. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    my bad you are right. i though he could play SSB, but he couldn't (i need to read better)

5. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Thanks a lot for your answers.

So now I have format emunand in the gateway menu, I really have GW written in front of my firmware in the parameters screen.

But... I can't update the emunand at all, even with wifi correctly set up, it's downloading nothing, then after one minute there is an error message.

Is it because my original firmware is 4.4 and not 4.5?

Is there a way to update this emunand offline with a rom instead of internet update?

I have not yet test the save of pokemon and animal crossing since I have emunand now, but I did many test with smash bros (even the firmware spoofing method with up arrow pressed when launching gateway mode), still have black screen...

Also it's not very clear what to do after have format the emunand, I have to copy ALL the old files from previous SD card (it's what I did) or only the save files without the nintendo files?

PS: i have a chinese 3dsxl (so if the method to update emunand with a rom of same region of the 3ds I don't know any chinese 3ds rom)

PS2: after have tried it 20 times, each time seems its downloading around 1%, and the download can resume apparently, so now i have around 20% of this update of emunand, but i feel very strange to do it in this way, needs so much time, and to restart the procedure so many times

6. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Oh, the last try to update emunand, i did directly 20% to 100% :-)
    Now smash bros work ^^
    I will test if pokemon and animal crossing saves work too ^^

7. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Everything works fine now, also saves for pokemon and acnl, emunand is great :-)